Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'scheme'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 81 results

  1. Will cam now return the donation as it was funded by a "morally wrong" source? http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/jun/24/tory-donor-tax-avoidance?CMP=twt_gu
  2. Hi, our property was repossessed due to the landlady not paying her mortgage despite us paying our rent. I applied for a stay on the eviction and they gave us 2 months (as per legal guidelines). Well in advance of this our tenancy agreement had expired. She didn't give us one despite us asking as I believe she knew about the reposession. Now we've moved out the landlady has rented the house to another person (how I don't know!!) and has promised to pay our deposit back but all we've had so far is a bounced cheque. I believe it wasn't lodged in any scheme as we have no documents to support this. Can I simply go to the county court and issue a Money Claim or is there a better way of doing it? I want to be a diligent as possible so she cannot slip the net. She has a slimy 'financial advisor' who handles all her dealings and I know if there's a way out he'll take it. Furthermore, I believe I can claim the original deposit (£500) and 3 times the amount in addition (£2k altogether) or can I just claim for the 3 x deposit?. I don't want to waste time and need a quick resolution to this as it's already been delayed. Any help would be great
  3. Hello, Last Tuesday I moved out of my flat, my tenancy ended on Thursday. I have paid a deposit of £250. When I first moved in on Saturday 24th September the heavy glass shower door was not attached to the shower, so in order to wash it had to be lifted across. This resulted in someone dropping the door and cracking the floor of the shower (I don't know who did this- could have been anyone). This happened on the Thursday after I moved in. I remember one of my housemates telling me that she believed the land lady was going to charge us all for it but this was never said to me so I thought they must be mistaken. The shower wasn't fixed for about 3 weeks and we also didn't have a cooker since I moved in for about a month. After moving out, I called to ask about my deposit. She told me she hadn't checked the flat but was charging me £120 for damages to the shower. I said I didn't think this was fair as she should have fixed the shower door and she told me that my housemates said it was my boyfriend who had broken it and she was doing me a favour by not fining me £600. Since speaking to her I have found out that my deposit isn't under a protection scheme but now that I have moved out I don't know if this is relevant. I checked my tenancy agreement and it's one from 2007- the year I believed the law was introduced. I would really appreciate if somebody could tell me where I stand legally and what I can claim. I heard that if she hasn't entered my deposit into a scheme she has to pay me my deposit back but now I've moved out this might not be the case. The thing is she hasn't checked the flat yet and as I took no photos she could charge me for anything. I left my room in pristine condition- when my mum came up to help clear it we discovered the hoover had broken and the land lady wouldn't lend us one from her shop (which was downstairs) so we had to buy a new one. I'm fine with her taking up to fifty pounds for anything damaged in the communal area/ cleaning, but I don't think it's fair that she charges me or any of my housemates for the shower. I'm also concerned that she mentioned my boyfriend breaking the shower. He wasn't actually back at university when it happened but he has stayed over before- although nothing in my contract says that I'm not allowed to have guests stay over. I would really appreciate any advice you could give me!
  4. Barclaycard is axing its loyalty points scheme 'Freedom', giving customers two months to redeem their rewards. Barclaycard said that the scheme – which is available to the majority of its 12 million customers – is being scrapped because it wants to focus on 'other product development'. Customers will have until July 26 to spend their points and any unused rewards after this time will be paid back automatically to most customers – as long as they’ve used their card in the last six months and have a balance of £3 or more. Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cardsloans/article-2148253/Barclaycard-scraps-Freedom-loyalty-scheme-giving-customers-months-redeem-points.html#ixzz1vdKNS0Ze
  5. Hello all, I am currently in the process of claiming against my landlord for lack of securing deposit in a scheme, as well as unfairly witholding it from me. I have filled in my claim form but am having difficulty with the interest - if someone would be able to advise me it would be very much appreciated. I moved into the property on the 10th December 2008 and a deposit of £1000 was paid to the landlord on the 15th December 2008. I moved out of the property on the 8th January 2012. 1) Do I claim interest for the deposit alone or interest on the deposit plus the £3000 compensation? (Totalling £4000) 2) Is it claimed from 14 days after the deposit was paid to the landlord and up until the date the claim is put into the court? I have an understanding that interest claimed can be calculated to a lower amount by the judge but not increased. Many thanks in advance
  6. Hi, I am having a bit of a nightmare. in July 2010 we moved into a property and paid the lettings agency (who were acting on behalf of the landlord) £600.00 deposit. Upon moving out we discovered that the letting agency (EDIT) had gone into liquidation. I have contacted the liquidators (Cooper Williamson) who say that they will add me as a creditor but are having difficulty in finding out which scheme the deposits were paid in to. This makes me believe that (EDIT) were not paying the deposits collected into a scheme. Through a little digging I have found that director/owner of (EDIT) was (EDIT), who is still trading under the names: (Edit) LIMITED (Edit) (WNJ) LIMITED It seems to me that either she was not paying into the deposit protection schemes, which would appear to be fraudulent , or she did not know to pay in to deposit protection schemes, which means that she should not be in the business, or she is not willing to cooperate with the liquidators and should therefore not be in any business. I called (Edit) LIMITED and was told that she is on holiday until next week... I hope she's having a good time. Considering the now liquidated company was 'Limited' Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how I can proceed with this to get my deposit back? Many thanks
  • Create New...