Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'example'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - you need to register to access the CAG library
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News

Blogs

  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


About Me


Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day


Cost Per Day


Location

Found 2 results

  1. Perseus1

    Typical Example

    Link malfunction. I can't seem to delete this.
  2. Hi - I have been checking the info that GMAC gave me for an interest only mortgage, on reading through their tariff booklet and Mortgage Guide 2000, for Interest Rates it says the following: "The interest rate charged will be based on "LIBOR" plus an additional amount (a "margin") e.g.3% over the Libor rate. This means that if LIBOR were at 7%, the interest rate would be 10%. The margin applied will depend on the type of scheme you are taking and your personal and financial circumstances and this will be set out in your Mortgage Offer." OK - I notice that little bit about your circumstances, which sounds like "we will hit you with an enhanced rate if you have any adverse credit" - lol, then says: "To help you understand how a change in the interest rate might affect your monthly payments, a typical example is given below assuming a 3 month LIBOR rate of 7.56% on a mortgage loan attracting interest of 3%, giving a total charging rate of 10.56%. EXAMPLE: Based on a residential, interest only mortgage loan of £50,295 (Initial mortgage loan of £50,000 with a £295 arrangement fee added on a property valued at £75,000 repayable at the end of a 25 year term. Included in the calculation of the total amount payable and APR are: Arrangement fee £295, T.T. fee£30, Non block Insurance fee of £40.00, Valuation fee £220, Legal fees £350, Redemption Admin fee £155 payable at the end of the 25 year mortgage loan term. 300 gross monthly payments of £442.60. Total amount payable £183,905.00. The APR is 11.3% assuming that the 3 month LIBOR remains at 7.56% throughout the 25 year term. For each 1% change in the charging rate, the gross monthly payment would change by £41.91p." Hope this is helpful.
×
×
  • Create New...