Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'ctr'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition
  • Homegirlxx


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 3 results

  1. Hi guys, just a quick couple of questions. 1) Person A owns a house. He cannot live at the property temporarily. He is also signed off sick by his doctor and gets ESA. Because of this, he is living with a family member. The family member is on income support. They get countil tax reduction. What he wants to know is, would he also get council tax reduction on his own mortgaged property as well?
  2. Its my understanding that a person with a nil income who can show this via bank statements etc, can claim HB/CTR. I also understood it that they would have to still pay the minimum amount same as a person claiming jsa/esa etc. An aquaintance of my family has just declared a nil income and been told he wont be needing to pay rent/ct as he has no income and has shown this via the correct methods...........? I have a feeling its incorrect info and would really not like to see him getting a letter and arrears delivered at some point later on. our local council are very good at messing up these things, but i could be wrong. Anybody with any knowledge of this nil income thing please?
  3. Hi....please forgive me if there is an answer already on here somewhere. I am very stressed and in panic mode today. Ok... if a person is not claiming jsa or esa etc, and is not working or on very low earnings, I was of the opinion that they could advise the council of low or nil income with regard to housing benefit.......but how can they prove no or low earnings? I have just been told on the phone by the council that bank statements are not enough proof? Any help appreciated
  • Create New...