Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'communal'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition
  • Homegirlxx


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 9 results

  1. Hello All! Wondering if anyone can give me some advice please. I live in a flat where I am using it for an online business however it's presently dormant and has been since the start. There are no goods involved, it's just a free website. I had to register this under my home address however I am wondering if this would have an effect on the communal buildings insurance policy I have? (residential) Would it void it? Please can someone who know this get back to me.. Regards
  2. Hello! Wondering if anyone can help. We have just moved out of a flat. The flat is in a converted house with two other flats. There is a communal hallway which serves each of these. The landlord has not made any deductions relating to our flat. However, there is what looks like an oil stain on the stairs of the communal hallway. She claims that we are responsible because my partner owns a bike. The carpet is extremely old - probably 20-25 years old and in very bad condition. It is extensively stained and damaged. The landlord is requesting that we pay for the recarpteing of the communal
  3. Hi all, new to the forum so apologies if I have posted in the wrong place. This is quite a long post as I want to be as thorough as possible, any advice would be appreciated. I moved into my property (2 bed flat, all electric, no gas) in November 2011, shortly after moving in (Feb 2012) I received an electric bill from Npower for around £80/month in electricity. At this point I made a huge effort to lower my usage, to do this I did the following as well as many other things; I reduced my washing machine usage to 2 times a month, I turned off my water heater and used cold water only, I lim
  4. I live in a self contained basement flat in a building of three flats. My flat has its own seperate front and rear doors, completely seperate and unconnected with the two upper flats and both opening onto the street. My flat is completely unconnected to the top two. The two upper flats share a common front door, hallway and stairs to their respective flats. These upper two flats are let out by the owners as holiday apartments. I have no access to the common areas of these flats and do not share any services with them, however this year the owners of these flats decided to put new
  5. Hi, I have a freehold property that I own. Unfortunately, we share the estate with some flats and have common communal area that I am liable to pay a service charge. The TP1 defines: "communal facilities: the Common Access car parking spaces and all open space and landscaped areas shown for the purposes of identification shaded green on Plan 2" "Projections: Including foundations chimneys flues eaves gutters spouts canopies pipes fence posts wall piers and similar projections now or within the Perpetuity Period constructed on the Estate" SERVICE CHARGE COSTS 1. Rep
  6. I live in a block of flats and we all pay factors fees that include buildings insurance. I have just discovered that water has been leaking out of my shower tray in the ensuite and escaping into cupboards and leaking into the property downstairs. I have have had a builder come out and he has advised that they will need to replace the floor and replace the internal walls in the cupboards and he suspects that the joists may be damaged. I have contacted the factors and they have said that the buildings insurance only cover the communal parts of the building ie. the stairs and exter
  7. Hi, Can somebody please advise me if the Bailiffs pining a letter addressed to myself on the communal notice board in my block of flats is legal for them to do. My neighbour advised me that there was an envelope addressed to myself pinned on the communal notice board for me. When I looked in the envelope it was a letter from Newlyn Bailiffs stating that they have visited my property and they will be gaining access to my flat within 24 hours. I have a dispute with the council at the moment regarding my council tax and they advised the bailiffs were on hold. I thought letters had to be post
  8. Hello, I live in a small block of four flats, each of which faces a small communal hallway with a single shared door onto the street. We all have the same landlord, who owns the freehold on the building. One of my neighbours appears to use their flat as a second home, and post stacks up for a few weeks at a time, after which they only return for a single night. They also appear to owe a year's council tax and baillifs appeared today to try and recover the debt, but did not get past the communal door. Regarding the bailiffs: Do the bailiffs have a right to force entry on our
  9. I parked next to a van (which had been there for approximatly 3 days) at work in the communal car park in a business center. When I got back to my car, the drivers door is beyond repair and is going to cost in the region of £800 to fix. No details where left by the other driver and no one witnessed the incident. My problem with this apart from being hit is that the business center manager tried to get CCTV footage but explained the cameras where pointing at a tree at the time !! the other camera just takes reg plate numbers. Again, not working. Iv contacted the police and as its an offence
  • Create New...