Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'amount'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 52 results

  1. Basically the letting agents are trying to keep all the deposit (£800) because the old house has a few marks on the wall where sofas have been etc, 2 fag burns in the carpet (ok hands up to that one, but it's a cheap carpet which I've priced up as £200 fitted) and holes in the wall where curtains have been put up (apparently that's not allowed). We tried to wipe clean the walls but it was taking the paint off as it was obviously low quality. They won't let us look at what they're on about or get a quote to fix it which would be no where near that figure, maybe £300, and are threatening to go for the full quote amount of £1700 if we go to dispute. Any ideas? They want an answer off me today as they have someone moving in apparently and want to redecorate! Cheers Matt
  2. Hi, My girlfriend took up a Uni course at Aston last summer but withdrew in October. We are aware of, and perfectly willing, to pay tuition fees of 1/3rd the total that would be due, as is outlined on their website for this situation. The catch is this - she was entitled to DSA (disabled students allowance) which should cut the yearly fees down from £9k to £3k. For a variety of reasons, internal communication breakdowns most likely, the DSA-adjusted fee was never actually applied and to this day her account is still at the non-DSA amount. Thus, we now have debt collectors asking for £3289 (a third of £9k give or take). We've been in touch with the Uni over this and have received confirmation from her disability advisor there, that they do have confirmation of her entitlement to DSA. For some reason this never made it over to the accounts department so I'm now fighting against time to get the account updated to the lower amount by trying to get the departments to speak to each other before the DCA starts knocking on the door. So, my question really is, does anyone have a template to send to the DCA which says "we're disputing the amount (but not that there is something owed), and we're trying to get proof, which we'll send as soon as we have it)" - I had a look through the templates but none really seemed to fit and I'm not entirely comfortable with drafting one from scratch in case I say something wrong. We could send the DCA a photocopy of her DLA (living allowance) but I'm not sure that'd really be enough, it's the DSA proof I'm trying to get. Thanks in advance for any replies, advice, tips
  • Create New...