Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Cab139

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I took out a loan with Barclays and there was an outstanding amount of £3,500+ approximately. I wrote to them and asked for a settlement figure. I got a letter back that quite clearly advised me that the settlement figure was £200. I replied to their letter and enclosed a cheque for £200 for full and final setlement. They have been telephoning me to say that I am in arrears with my loan and I maintain that I have settled it. They have cashed the cheque and as far as I am concerned the account is closed. I have now had a very soft and apologetic letter from Barclays that states that t
  2. Anyone guide me to the next part of this? I've seen CPR 31.16 mentioned. Can someone point me in the right direction to have a read on this. Should I not SAR them first?
  3. Evening All, This is a copy of the letter that I've just received from Barclaycrad concerning the CCA request. Like to hear any comments please........ Barclaycard Services Account Number 9999 9999 9999 9999 Reference: Section 78 of the Credit Consumer Act 1974 I write further to the letter whereby you note dissatisfaction to the documents you received in relation to a request made under section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Firstly, credit cards are regulated under Section 78. Section 78(1) of the Act states that the creditor shall give the debtor a copy
  4. Hi All, I've got about 18 months left of a 5 year agreement which is a Fixed-Sum Agreement. When I bought the car from the garage, I specificcaly asked for HP. I feel that I was mis-sold the finance on behalf of the Bank. Anyway, since when have garages been able to sell personal loans on behalf of banks and then not inform the customer of the real facts? I want to change my car now and I'm having the same problem. Any comments anyone? Cab 139
  5. Thanks for all the replies. Glad to see that someone agrees with me. I'm just going to have to take a hit on this one as I just cannot afford to take the huge financial risk. The State Machine trundles on. See you all soon. Cab 139
  6. I went to the Magistrates Court on Friday to attend a PRE-TRIAL Meeting: yes, PRE-TRIAL. I pointed out the errors in the summons and was told it was a 'typo'. The prosceuting solicitor then told me that pleading not guilty was pointless and that the longer I left it the bigger my FINE would be. Now...could me Mr Thicky but I thought you were innocent until proven guilty. It seems not these days. It seems that only a great deal of money can buy you a great deal of justice. If you're like me, just a hard working prole, you're sunk even before you get to court. I now have no a
  7. The whole thing is a mess from start to finish. The summons has turned up four and a half months after the event. The statement of the Police officer and the person I bumped into are very very similar. The person I bumped into has alredy contacted an injury lawyer who guarantees up to £33,500 for neck injuries in a no win - no fee basis. The vehicle I bumped into was not a van and that was not the index number. The witness statement that I have from the Police officer is a hurriedly lashed together cut-and-paste job in MS-WORD. The whole thing is a shambles. As a Council Tax paye
  8. I had an road accident in August 2008 whereby I hit a car from behind. The car I hit was stationary on a big roundabout. It was also obscured by trees etc and when I turned onto the roundabout having checked my entry, I hit the other car. On the day the Police officer attending said that it was an unfortunate bump and no more would be heard about it. Lo and behold, four and a half months later I get a Summons for driving without due care and attention. However, on the summons the Statement Of Facts descibes a van and I/N that is not mine. I was driving my taxi. Question: What's
  9. I am currently in the process of reclaiming my penalty charges from HSBC. I have directed my previous correspondence to one person. I now need to issue a claim in the small claimd court. Do I still direct my intentions to that indiviual or to the bank in general? Cab 139
  10. Hi All, Just found your excellent website. Phew! Glad I did too. I'm just about to embark on the refund trail so I will be reading lots more on here in due course. I'll keep you up to date of course and many thanks again for all the advice shown here. Cab139
  • Create New...