Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About chrisrdg

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi Following initial steps from this site, I have received the statements for my son's account ( I am helping him reclaim charges from Nationwide) I then sent the claim for the charges. We now have a letter saying you should have read the terms and conditions and they are unable to refund the charges on the account. Also that it may be appropriate to consider alternative banking arrangements. The amount is about £1k so we don't really want to stop here. They offer two options of what to do if I'm still unhappy: 1. Member Services Dept can review your concerns 2. approach the Financial Ombudsman Service What do I do now please? Thanks Chrisrdg
  2. Hi I have now received the statements for my son's account going back to 2001 and I am putting together the spreadsheet for the charges. What I don't understand is, surely he should have been charged something for his returned cheques etc so where is this calculated in the great scheme of things? I believe there was a mention of a fair charge of £4 or some such figure. Can someone help please? chrisrdg
  3. Thanks very much for your help. I don't know about a drink - I was thinking more a % of the spoils! If it all works out there will be some for this sight as well. You are doing a grand job. Regards Christine
  4. Hi Uk Can you please see my second message at 16:23 Thursday and help me out? Thanks Christine
  5. Thanks, but still puzzled. You will have to forgive me, I need to have things spelled out clearly. I caught a virus whilst trekking in China last year and am still having trouble with getting info to my brain! Can the claim be for any 6 years or only 6 years back from 2007? I don't want to do things wrong on this site as I see there are some messages about posting in the wrong places. Should I be on the Nationwide forum, if so how do I do that? Thanks for your patience. Christine
  6. Hi I joined last week and have visited a few times reading lots of useful info. Just a couple of queries before I go any further:- I see that you are advised to open a new account before you start proceedings. Should this be with another bank/building society or just a new account at your present bank? My son's account has been solvent for the last couple of years but his problems were years before that. Could he ask for statements under the Data Protection Act for 1999-2004 or do they only keep records from the present date back 6 years?
  7. Hi Rooster This is the first thread that I have read after joining the site yesterday. Thank you for clear advice. I am trying to help my son claim his charges, which I think will be quite a sum. As he has a savings and a credit card account, should he complete each claim in turn or send the paperwork together for the two accounts. This site has really inspired me and I am certain that with your help we can be successful. Chrisrdg:)
  • Create New...