Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Hugh

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. This topic was closed on 03/05/19. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  2. Does anyone have an address for Wescot debt collectors?
  3. They are most certainly to close your accounts, I have just managed to reclaim all bank charges for my son for the last six years from them, and although they paid, he received a notice that they will close his account within 30 days. Expecting this, he had already opened an account with the post office. If you intend to try and recover your charges, take heart and ignore all of their letters saying they are not going to refund, stick to the guidelines set out within the site and you should be lucky.
  4. It is almost inevitable that my son will have to file for bankruptcy. His only income is benefits being paid into a basic bank account opened recently in the post office for that sole purpose. The account has no cheque book or debit card, no facility to set up direct debits or standing orders, no credit facility, just a cash card that can only be used at the post office counter to withdraw cash. Doing a bit of research into the effects of bankruptcy, I understand Bank accounts may be frozen.Is there any chance that this type of basic account can be exempt from being frozen
  5. Another contact: Damian Robertshaw, Customer Relations Manager, Halifax Plc, Core Business Team, Customer Relations, PO Box 548, Leeds, LS1 1WU Tel. 01422 333465
  6. At the point of filling in N1 claim form to instigate court proceedings. Just two queries!! 1) Name of Claimant - If it is a joint account, must the claimant be both myself and my wife, or can I just claim as an individual in only my name ? 2) Name of defendant - Which address do we use, Registered office, or local branch ?
  7. No responce from Halifax to Preliminary request for payment, now posted Letter Before Action giving them further 14 days to pay up. Just in case I have to go to court, have arranged with local County Court to sit in on a case to learn protocol. Will keep you updated!!
  8. '...the Halifax incurs additional costs for every transaction, when we pay an item against an unauthorised overdraft, or return an item unpaid. This is because we have to manually intervene......' Ther's that magic phrase again
  9. Great result !! - Gives us all hope
  10. Tuesday 21st Feb - received list of transaction from Halifax, no details of manual intervention though !! Today have calculated total charges and interest over last six years, ammounts to £956.80, and have sent off preliminary request for repayment of charges (modified from library) giving them 14 days before I Issue the next 'letter before action'. Will let you know how I get on
  11. Found the site throgh an article in Daily or Sunday Mail !!. Can't thank them enough - brillient site, and looks to be growing in popularity.
  12. Thanks for prompt reply. Another query- just been into my local branch to check progress, notes indicate letter for 'request for Disclosure' has been forwarded to 'DSAR' department. Any one know this department ??
  13. The 40 days allowed for the Halifax to respond, are they calender days or working days?
  14. Enough is enough, I have been frustrated about excessive bank charges for years, but until I discovered your site I thought that they were in the right to make these charges, and that it was totally my fault in the way I handled my account (No other options though). I have now started the ball rolling by handing in to my local branch yesterday (24th February) a 'Data Protection Act Disclosure request' giving the 40 days in which to respond. If the don't respond what is my next step; a complaint to Data protection agency ?
  • Create New...