Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About Sarahlou1973

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Right. All done and dusted!!! Have been away for a few days, but I had an offer from HSBC/DG solicitors the day before I left (Sat 25th), which I accepted. Stupidly, I didn't delete the confidentiality clause, so can't disclose details, but I am v. happy. It was credited to my account on the 27th. :D How do I get this thread moved to the won/settled section?? I'll be making a donation to the site and a HUGE thanks to everyone that has helped me out. It can be a very trying and stressful experience dealing with these corporate big boys, but to see so many people getting back what they're
  2. Hi Claire, I am in a similar situation to you. My 28 days, in which HSBC had to submit their defence, were up on Monday 20th, I received their defence on the Saturday before this, along with the Allocation Questionnaire. You can see how it has all progressed in my thread. I can't believe this has been going on for nearly three months, but I am hopeful that I will have my money back by Christmas... hang on in there . Sarah x
  3. Hi Bong, Thanks for that. I have already sent my letter, but I'll send another one. I'll get the letter and AQ done and sent recorded delivery on Friday. Should I let the court/HSBC know that I'll be away for a week in case they need to contact me? Thanks. Sarah
  4. Hi guys, Thanks for your replies, but now I'm confused!! Should I send it now or wait? I received it on Saturday and it has to be returned by the 5th December. I'm away from the 24th Nov and fly back on the 4th Dec, so the latest I'll be able to send it would be Saturday - should I hang on until then?? Just one other question, do I have to take it to the Court, or can I post it (recorded delivery)? Thanks. Sarah
  5. Hi All. HSBC have now submitted a defence, despite making me an offer of settlement. I now have an Allocation Questionnaire to complete..... I am tempted to tick the box postponing the hearing for another month to sort this out - would this be advisable?? I will now bw another £100 out of pocket because of fees, I assume I will be able to claim this back?? Any other assistance would be gratefully received... Many thanks. Sarah
  6. Hi Jimmy, I have replied to your thread..... Kind regards Sarah
  7. Hi Jimmy, I used the spreadsheet in the templates and it was really well explained on the first sheet about what to do. If you are still struggling, PM me and I'll send you the sheet I used and will help you input your figures. All the best. P.S. Thanks for your words of encouragement on my thread
  8. Hi Bong, Looks good. I'm off to the Post Office with it now.... Thanks for your help! Sarah
  9. Hi....below is my draft response to DG Solicitors - how does it look?? Thank you for your letter dated 9th November 2006 in response to the above claim. I respectfully request that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £1681.40, plus 8% interest per year as per S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984, plus Court costs. The total amount claimed is £2194.89. I will accept the sum of £XXXX offered only as part settlement of the above Court Claim. I would be grateful if you would also obtain your client’s instructions to refund the latest set of charges (£1
  10. LOL:D . It can be quite confusing with all the different letters, templates and other stuff. You will probably find that it will suddenly all fall into place!! Have fun. Sarah
  11. Hi Amanda - one message would have sufficed ;-) . Only kidding, sometimes PCs have a mind of their own!! There is a spreadsheet in the template section that has two worksheets - one is the one that you fill in with the charges etc and this data is automatically linked to the other sheet that works out the 8% interest. It;s quite straightforward, but if you get stuck, PM me and I'll help you out. Sarah x
  12. Hi Bong - good to hear from you again. Thanks for the response, I was hoping that it would be along those lines . I'll keep you posted. Sarah x
  13. Hi, I could really do with some advice.... I received a letter from DG Solicitors at the weekend making an 'ex gratia' offer with confidentiality clauses etc.... My other half thinks I should accept, but it is still a couple of hundred short so if I accepted, I would lose the MCOL fee and another £70 or so. I have already rejected one offer that came from Colin Langdale, can I do the same with this one and also mention that there has been another £75 in charges added since MCOL was started....? I'm not sure what to do for the best - I don't want to lose the extra £260 (which includes the la
  14. Hi Dee, I am in a similar situation. I had £100 of charges added on after LBA and before MCOL, so I added these on. I have now had £75 of charges applied since MCOL. I'm going to play it by ear and if I don't get these charges back this time, I'll start again with the prelim letter etc. Unless anyone else has any better ideas...:? Sarah x
  • Create New...