Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About lah

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. This topic was closed on 10 March 2019. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  2. If anyone is interested just filled in MCOL and now this stage is done. I am now unsure of the next stage - looked through the FAQ's but still no clearer - anyone passed this stage who could help? Also I want to complain to OFT but can't seem to find how to do this again, anyone offer me help? This would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Thanks Hey congrats on the full settlement from HSBC. Seems you know the system - its just a waiting game and it feels like ages for each step - Ba Humbug!
  4. Anyone at the same stage as me? LBA runs out tomorrow have been offered half of the amout I am claiming for. Now up to the MCOL. When this is completed how long has halifax got to pay up and what is the next stage after this if they don't pay up. I may be the one who goes the long haul!
  5. Telephoned the bank 14th June to see if they were going to reply to the letter I sent regarding rejection of partial refund - want it in Full. Even though it was sent recorded delivery and Post Office said it was signed for - Halifax said they never received it in Customer Services! So sent LBA anyway to stick to the deadline. Got a standard reply from Halifax saying it has been passed onto customer services. Wait now till 28th June. However, I am confused what to do next if I don't hear from them or they again offer patrial refund.
  6. I sent my prelim letter to ask for the amount owing £1,392.00 and they offered me £160.00 partial payment - bet thats what your money was being used for! Sent letter to say that I am still waiting for the full amount. Sticking to my timelines and sending LBA out 14th - then see what happens. Let me know how you get on.
  7. As the bank still have until 14/06/06 before I send LBA - I issued this letter to them. I have not accepted or declined the amount they offer, just reminded them of dates and then on the 14th I will send the LBA as in the Templates section - this will confuse them - HA- Sample Letter I created: My address here Halifax Plc : Address of local Branch here Sort Code: xxx Roll Number: xxxx Account Number: xxxx Date: 07/06/2006 Re: Request for repayment of charges in full Dear Sir/Madam, In response to y
  8. Thanks, I will send a letter of rejection before the LBA by recorded delivery tomorrow (7th June) and then on 14th June will send LBA - to keep to the timescale. Will keep this thread posted
  9. Sorry about this I am still new to this site and did not realise that I should have continued with my last thread. Are there any templates for a letter to send rejecting partial refund I have looked through other threads and they do show the introduction to a letter and then I can't seem to think what to put after.
  10. Received letter from the Halifax within 5 days of sending the Prelim letter for £1,300.00. Halifax offered £160.00 and a footnote on the letter stating we can contact FOB for help if they cannot resolve our complaint - this bit worried me. As the prelim reply deadline date isn't until 14th June, I am not sure whether to send out LBA or reply rejecting this amount before the LBA. Anyone got any ideas or any info that can be sent in a letter before LBA. I want to try and stick to timeline so should I wait until 14th and send LBA. I am confused and rather worried that they will reject my
  11. Keep us all posted how it goes so we can live in hope. Good Luck
  12. Thanks a lot - will try and phone. I hate this 'waiting game' and I am just at the start!
  13. I know how this waiting feels - i am tempted to phone them to find out when my statements are coming and I am not even past this stage and I am already starting to get fed up! good luck with your claim
  14. Well done Sean sounds like your claiming was very straight forward - hope mine's like that. Still awaiting statements!
  15. Can someone help please. I have read through all the posts and none are specific and easy to find the answer to this: With Halifax - sent the DPA letter for the ststements on 15th April with £10.00 cheque and I am still waiting - i want to conatct them to see what is happening, but am unsue whether to wait until 25th May when the 40 days are up. Then I bet I ring them and they say they never received it (I did not send it recorder delivery) - sent the letter to the local branch. I want to start moving on this and claim back charges. please can anyone help as to what to do - I am fed
  • Create New...