Jump to content

old bloke

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    33
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About old bloke

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. This topic was closed on 10 March 2019. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  2. This topic was closed on 03/06/19. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  3. I had a result today, rang the call centre, asked for some-one who can assist me with unauthorised transactions! Explained my case, stating they had taken funds from my card without my permission, which is basically theft, therfore illegal, and as a result I had incurred even more bank charges, and that I hold them responsible for such costs , and will be claiming them + compensation. Placed on hold for a while, then told that the unauthorised amount will be refunded within 48 hours, to my banks, very sorry , grovel etc etc. I shall send copies of statements relating to the charges, and
  4. Hi, I recently called the call centre, to make a payment via my debit card, I asked for £150 to be paid, but the operator had little command of English, but eventually I completed the payment. However, I discovered he had taken £1050!, making me overdrawn at my bank.This means more charges again. I phoned their office, and was told to write to the compalints dept, and they would review my case, and may refund the banks charges.Basically they didn't seem to care at all. How do I stand legally here, surely they took more than I authorised, is this deemed illegal , as they took £900 without m
  5. Hi,sorry I have not posted for a while, one point, if I accept the 1/2 offer, is it possible to claim again for penalty fees incurred since my last claim? Personal circumstances are making it more likely for me to take their offer, Cheers, OB
  6. Good luck, and hope to hear from you at the end of the month. After much thought and deliberation, I have decided to have them! Will do the MC claim at the weekend, thanks to my wife for the use of her C/card. They did me another £30+ this week, so here it goes, enough is enough. One question, as I have been hit several times since my original claim, can I add the recent charges to the MC amount? Having read other posts regarding pre court settlements, I have just got to see this through, whatever the out come. One point of interest, I had a letter from B/Card today, listing chang
  7. Good luck, and hope to hear from you at the end of the month. Hi, thanks for your kind words.In answer to your questions, yes, I have read around, and checked the survey. May be its just my opinion, but the survey just gives totals paid etc. Rest assured ,if I complete my claim when finances allow,and I get my fees returned in full,I will post the results. How many members have done this? Cheers, OB
  8. [Chin up, you'll get there in the end. I have had a few days to think my next step over, I have 8 weeks acording to my letter to reply /accept their offer. I am going to sit tight for a time, and await the out-come of the other claims going to court, assuming they ever get that far, and we get to hear the findings, without any "confidentiality " clauses preventing the news spreading far and wide. Basically, at present I can not afford the Money Claim £130 approx, will be OK at the end of this month though, so hopefully some postings of a victory over the Bankers before then, will prom
  9. Thanks for the in-put on this one, I know its up to me what action I take, but, when I am a bit short at the moment, stumping up another £130+ for MC is not easy. The main problem is waiting for a letter telling me they have just charged me another £30 etc,all be it for a good reason. How do we stand if we all win our claims, can we request the charges in the future to be "capped" at the OFT recomended figure? Or do we start the whole process again? Sorry for sounding negative (not me usually) but I hope you can see my points. Cheers, OB
  10. I am in a bit of a "situation" right now, do I ,don't I ,accept the offer? A friend in the same position as me, at present not registered here, has been advised his final settlement through the money claim process could take a "considerable time", after writing to Barclays to discuss their partial refund. Does this mean Barclays are using the legal system to delay the inevitable? Personal circumstances are making me think twice, as I cannot wait too long for a conclusion, and worried they may know something we do not. Please reassure me I am doing the right thing to press on. Cheers,
  11. Point taken, will compile a nice letter to the lady tomorrow night. OB
  12. Honest banks my @rs@ as Jim would say .. Thanks for the vote of confidence lads, a fellow "Royal Family" watcher too eh! Do you think it worth my while to accept her kind offer of a friendly chat,recorded this time, just to see the reaction when I inform them of the MC waiting in the wings. I am really quite calm most of the time, and yes, a grumpy old man, but this is starting to stretch my normal good nature.If they can offer half, surely the rest wouldn't hurt that much, now would it? Let me know what you think please.
  13. Needless to say NO DEAL ....... Got the letter this Am, basically offering me £600, about half of my claim, better offer than some I have read of here.The person has "Kindly" given her direct phone number should I wish to discuss their offer, and a nice envelope to return my acceptance of the goodwill (My @rse) offer, with conditions! Think its going to be a "no ta" on this one, Money Claim nearing completion, to be send Friday. Will post any developments. OB
  14. If they make an offer less than the full amount claimed, I would personally accept it as a partial offer (accept NO conditions - or at least accept none that you're even slightly uncomfortable with) and explain that you're going to continue to pursue the rest of the claim. Sorry for my lack of experience here, did not realise I needed to record calls, the guy I spoke to just gave me the outline of the letter en route to me.I didn't make any comments to him personally.In future I will be more aware, thanks for the info. Did see a few moments on TV tonight, the Trevor Macdonald program, m
  15. Thought I would call today just to confirm they got the LBA, spoke to a really decent bloke at Customer Service. Yes they did and a letter is on the way (second class stamp I guess, must not waste the profits eh!) He kindly read the draft over the phone, saying, actual words here, blah blah etc, we are offering you as a good will gesture £600 or so. apparently I get the chance to discuss this with them, maybe they would like to pay in full before the Moneyclaim goes in Friday?? Will keep updating as and when, OB.
×
×
  • Create New...