Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About bullyboy

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Update The EHO came around and agreed that the DPC had been compromised over an extended period of time and that it is no way my daughters fault and recommend the Land Lord release her from her tenancy agreement immediately and at no cost, they have subsequently agreed to this and have asked for a list with receipts for the damaged items so here is hoping. Once again thank you everyone for their assistance
  2. Thanks everyone for your help, I have written a letter to the letting agency and the environmental health and things seem to be moving they EH are coming to look at the property on Monday and the letting agency have stated that they are willing to release us from the lease as soon as we want with no penalties etc so now all I need to do is see if we can get any of the damaged belongings and furniture replaced, I don't hold out much hope but if you don't try then you don't get.
  3. Well thanks for that useful comment, she actually does have insurance but they are refusing to pay on the grounds it has been caused by the property and is the responsibility of the Landlord
  4. Morning all after some advice as to what my daughters rights are regarding a privately rented flat that is suffering from extreme mould and damp, this has left the 2 bedrooms as uninhabitable and she is having to live in the living room. The property maintenance company originally said it was condensation but the letting agency sent around someone who confirmed it is caused by damp. She is now stuck in a property that she cannot use half of and paying full rent with £1000's of personal furniture and clothing ruined. Would it be worth with holding rent? who would we claim her personal belongings that have been destroyed? any advice would be gratefully received
  5. Sorry it took so long to get back been away at work etc. Back to Bennetts managed to eventually get hold of customer Services (by phone) only to be told by the lady that the letter couldn’t be found and that was why I had not been contacted, a sense of humour failure followed at this point and I got to speak to a manager, I explained to the manager what had gone on and what I expected to happen and that I thought I had been more than patient etc and he promised me he would look into it. Got to speak to someone the following day and was informed that they would lend me a similar TV if mine got taken away and had been in contact with Samsung and that although they had registered my fault Samsung would only deal with me direct gave me a ref number and asked me to call them. I was not happy with this spoke to the Manager and expressed my concerns of guarantees etc I was given a guarantee (verbal but witnessed by a mate) that in the event of any replacement etc that they would still honour any Guarantee and extended warranty would be sorted so with working away etc I called Samsung and arranged a visit, they called yesterday and confirmed it was a known fault and that they would order a new sound board and speakers which should be in about 10 days they will then come and fit it. So that is the stage I am at now. Not ideal but bearable
  6. Well I have dropped off the letter on Thursday midday and called on Saturday to see what the outcome was, only to be told "oh you're the one" and that it would be dealt with in due course. My question from this is how long should I let it go before I start chasing?
  7. Thanks for that it always pays to have a second set of eyes to look over it, thats the trouble when you read it so many times you miss duplicated or stray words.
  8. Thanks for all the help I will be going home a day early and I am passing the store on the way home so I have drafted this letter, what do you reckon Bennetts Electrical Hall Lane Norwich Date 17 October 2007 Dear Sir or Madam Faulty 40 Inch Samsung LCD TV Last Friday 12th October 07 I enquired at your Customer Service desk as to the procedure for returning my Samsung LCD Television that I purchased from your East Dereham Branch in April of this year, as the sound on the set randomly becomes extremely distorted and will not clear until the set has been turned off for several minutes and turned on again. The lady I spoke to informed me that I had to take this up with Samsung direct and that there was nothing the store could do for me. I did point out that the warranty did state that the equipment if faulty should be returned to the store and that having spent the best part of £1000 for this television with your company I did not see why I should be sorting this out and be without a television for an undetermined length of time. However the lady insisted that this was incorrect and that I would have to deal with Samsung direct and as for how long it would take rather patronisingly informed me that depended on the fault and could be possibly a week or even a month. It is my belief that under the Sale of Goods Act that my contract is actually with your company and not with Samsung and that your company has the legal responsibility in dealing with the matter. I feel that your company should deal with this matter within a reasonable time scale at no inconvenience to myself and at the very least provide me with a replacement television of a similar standard whilst mine is being repaired or alternatively replace the television with a new set. Furthermore I did take out an additional 2-year warranty which in the event you were to replace the television I would expect to be transferred to the new set. Over the years I have purchased most of the electrical items in my house from your chain of stores either at your store, East Dereham or Cromer (Washing Machine, Tumble Drier, 3 DVD players, Sky HD, Fridge etc) and to date I have had no reason to complain about any of the goods purchased or the after sales service I have received. In fact on the one occasion I had to return a faulty DVD player it was dealt with extremely efficiently by your Cromer Branch to my total satisfaction, which was the main reason I chose Bennetts to make such a major purchase such as my Samsung 40 inch LCD television. I would appreciate your help in resolving this matter and look forward to hearing from you, please feel to contact me on any of the phone numbers I have listed numbers or at my home address Yours faithfully Your signature Mr XXX Copy to File Mr XXXX Xxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx Tel xxxxxxx Mob xxxxxx e-mail xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx What do you reckon?
  9. Thanks for all of the pointers I will deal with it this weekend when I get home (I work away all week) sorry a bit late with the thanks I was travelling all day yesterday. I will let you know the outcome as soon as I have it. Bullyboy
  10. Thank you for your assistance I will call Samsung when I get home on Friday, and if I'm not happy then back to the shop it will be armed with the SOG and I will not leave until I am satisfied. As for the Sky HD box I have done a bit of surfing and it would appear to be a common problem so I will try some of the suggestions of how to cure it before taking it back.
  11. I bought a 40 inch LCD Samsung TV and Sky HD box from Bennetts in Norwich in April this year however the TV sound has decided on a random basis to become completely distorted and the only way to reset it is to turn it all off and back on, then to top it all off the sky HD box happily records what I ask but then refuses to play back certain recorded programmes even though it says they are there. So I went to Bennetts this weekend and asked what the score was with a view to gettinng these items changed and was told basically it was not their problem and to ring the Samsung number they gave me for the TV and that the manufacturer would arrange for it to be collected and repaired but wouldnt give me any timescales as to how long I would be without a TV etc I said I thought that was unacceptable as I didi not pay the best part of £1000 to have no TV and I was told that I had to deal with Samsung, then to top it off I asked about the sky HD box and was told to bring that back into the store and they would send it away again with no timescales could be a week possibly a month! I pointed out that if it were away for a month then I would be paying my £50 monthly subscription to sky for nothing and was told to take it up with Sky. I think that they should replace both items or at the very least give me a resonable timescale for repair. So I guess the question is what are my rights can I insist that the items are replaced?
  12. Just a thought but do you have any utility bills from before British Gas took over that can show what your usage was? if you do you at least have a basis to show what your usage used to be in units. I had a disagreement some years ago with Eastern Electricity when my usage unexpectedly went up and they changed the meter and monitored how much the usage was in the following quarter and then amended the bills accordingly.
  13. About 7 years ago my mother in law decided to move closer to us after her husband had died some 5 years earlier, She was too old to get a mortgage so my wife and I took out a mortgage for 17000 which was the difference required between selling her old house and the cost of the new one (55,000). She paid us each month for the amount the mortgage was and it went straight out of my account each month no problem, last year I had some spare cash so I cleared her mortgage completely for her so she could retire and not have to work to pay us her mortgage, so we cleared everything and the deeds duly turned up in my wife and my names. Now here is the problem, the mother in law has decided that now she has retired that she is bored, got no friends and wants to move back to where she comes from. The problem I have is if we sell the house which is our joint names can we just give her the money? do we have to pay capital gains tax or would it be easier to transfer the deeds back into her name and let her get on with it? What started out as doing a good deed has become a nightmare of how to give it back. Any advice or pointers would be appreciated. Bullyboy
  14. About 5 years ago my mother in law moved down to live near us after her husband passed away, at the time I helped her buy a house near by and paid the mortgage. Anyway circumstances have changed and I can't really afford to keep subsidising her house etc so the long and short of it is I was considering renting it to her and then she will be able to get housing benefit. My questions are Can I rent to a relative who would then be in receipt of housing benefit? How do I go about becoming a landlord? Do I set up a business account and keep everything seperate? The house is in my wifes name and mine, no mortgage i really just want to cover the maintenance costs/insurance etc Any help would be appreciated Bullyboy
  15. The Pre-lim hearing that I was down to have did state on it that the judge may make a decision to make judgment on the case at the pre-lim hearing. I took no chances and got my court bundle sent off ASAP to both the bank and the court via recorded delivery. Waited a week then called Barclays to see if they were going to send me a copy of their papers at which point they settled. Make sure you have completely read the Pre-lim paperwork that was sent to you and act accordingly it is not just a formality to tie up loose ends.
  • Create New...