Jump to content

andykb3

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    36
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About andykb3

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. OK - version 8 was ok - now waiting for exchange...finger crossed
  2. russellhq - the interest hasn't changed, and we didn't actually pay the set-up fee - we added it to the mortgage instead. We will at least ask for it to be waived though (it was £500). I can't move, for 3 reasons: 1) Interest rates have risen twice since the first offer (the interest rate hasn't changed on the mortgage). 2) I can't afford to walk away from the £500 spent on the survey 3) This has already taken well over 2 months - I don't want to have to wait for a new mortgage offer from another company to come through. The vendors have been patient (there is no chain
  3. Hi, I am in the process of trying to by a house, therefore trying to arrange a mortgage (I'll say who with once we have completed). My situation is slightly more complicated than usual as I am buying a shared-ownership house, although it shouldn't be too complicated...you'd think. Believe it or not, this is a SHORT summary of what has happened. Apply for mortgage After 2 weeks we chase them up. We sent the application to the wrong dept as there is a specialist Shared Ownership Dept. They promise to forward it to that dept (don't know why they hadn't already) Another 2
  4. Help! I'd like to understand a little more about the legal basis of the claims against the banks. I have downloaded copies of: Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 The 2nd document, I largely understand (although I'm no legal expert), but I'm unclear as to exactly which part or clause of the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 I should be looking at (for a bog standard reclaiming of bank charges). I would appreciate it if someone could clarify thi
  5. Doesn't matter - they can always pay you by cheque. I claimed against an account I closed earlier in the year without a problem. Cahoot can draw it out - I have gone through the whole process: Prelim LBA MCOL MCOL 28 day extension 50% offer (refused) Now waiting to hear a court date. I will of course be seeing it through.
  6. I have just had to send the forms to the court - it was 6 weeks ago that I first applied to the court - 2 weeks after that they asked for a 28 day extension, then offered me 50%, which I rejected. No further offer has been recieved, so I'm continuing with the court action
  7. File an LBA (Letter Before Action). It's largely the same as your initial letter, but you state that if they don't agree to your claim you will start court proceedings (giving them 14 days to respond again). Take a look at the library on this site to see an example LBA.
  8. Here and quick run-down of my experience with Cahoot: 1) Send initial claim - it's rejected (eventually) 2) Send LBA - also rejected (eventually) 3) File MCOL form 4) Recieve letter from DLA Piper Solicitors rejecting claim but asking for more info. This was recieved just at the court deadline for them to respond 5) I have just recieved an offer (again from DLA Piper) of 50% of my claim. Have just drafted a letter rejecting this offer. I'll let you know how it goes. Misspickles - don't forget to add interest to your MCOL claim. Once you reach this stage you can add 8%
  9. Have just recieved an offer of 50% of my claim, plus costs - from DLA Piper - Cahoot's solicitors. Have also just drafted a letter rejecting the offer.
  10. I have gone through the process to the letter (initial letter, LBA, court claim filed on 9th August). The court issued a deadline for response of 28th August, and I recieved a letter from Cahoot / Abbey's solicitors on the 30th. Basically, it says: We are acting on behalf of Cahoot We are in the process of deciding a response, a defence will be filed in due course Give us a breakdown of your claim No deadline is given regarding when they will respond (and this response was slightly late anyway, as mentioned). Please could you give me any (constructive) criticism of this le
  11. OK - an update. I sent the LBA, giving the 14 days to respond. They duly responded, saying that their position on bank charges was unchanged from their first email. I then started the process with MCOL. They have to respond by the 27th or 28th (can't remember which off the top of my head, but this Monday at the latest). Since this deadline is getting awfully close, I was wondering: 1) Have many other claimants against Cahoot have this problem? 2) Assuming I don't hear anything, the next step is to ask the court to enter a judgement. How long would this take? Assumi
  12. Well done - it's always good to hear about the successes. ....
  13. It's a standard letter - most banks initially reply with a similar letter - it threw me the first time I recieved one too. The second letter will likely be slightly more aggressive - don't worry about it and continue with your claim. They are hoping you will give up with your claim, weither through laziness or intimidation - and I agree it is kind of intimidating threatening court if you've never done it before - I have been in the same boat as you are now. If you follow the procedure laid out on this site it cannot go on for ages. 1) Preliminary letter - giving 14 days for a res
  14. My apologies. I'd just recieved what I assume is their standard response to the prelim letter. An email along the lines of "We're doing nothing wrong and you're not getting a penny from us" I guess it really...annoyed...me... Sorry
  15. 14 days was up today. I'll send the LBA to Cahoot (and HSBC, whose 14-day deadline has already expired) in the next couple of days1
×
×
  • Create New...