Jump to content

easy987us1

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by easy987us1

  1. HI,. thanks for the reply. As per my post (which they clearly haven't read), I acknowledged that I had been contacted by Land Registry to let me know that there is no way of providing any update other than it would take a week, weeks or months (and to stop calling). That's my issue and what I feel is a bit unfair to all of us involved. No one in the chain is going to accept an indefinite wait. I'll try to keep the chain together for as long as I can but they are getting pretty hacked off with me because they feel like I am fobbing them off. I'm feeling like I'm being made out to be the bad guy here and I'm feeling the pressure. I'll update the post further, either we get some news from the Land Registry or the chain breaks... Cheers
  2. @BankFodder you have no idea how much this means to me. If anything it's just given me a little bit of hope that this transaction might still be saved. Thank you from the bottom of my heart
  3. Fingers crossed. I will most definitely post an update to this thread as soon as I hear something.
  4. This is my first post, so I'm hoping that its clear and to the point. I am in the process of buying and selling a home. My purchase was almost ready to exchange when we noticed that there was an area of land that we thought that we were buying but was not on the Title Plan. It turns out that this land is included in the sale, however it is unregistered. Our solicitors asked our Vendor to get the land registered with Land Registry and ask for the application to be Expedited. The timelines provided to us from the Land Registry were as below 10 working days for the application to be processed 10 working days for an ordinance surveyor to attend A few days for the survey report to be sent to the Land Registry Lawyers All of the above steps happened like clockwork, so I was so pleased. I had read somewhere that if the application is straight forward, then the Land Registry Lawyers should get it all registered within a week or so. I spoke to a very helpful lady at the Land Registry a few weeks ago and explained to her that this is the only thing holding up the entire chain and that if I don't manage to get this resolved soon, that the whole chain will break. We suggested that I call back every morning between 8am and 9am to see if there are any notes on the case. I've been calling every day and there have been no updates. I received a call back from the Land Registry today (I assume it was someone a little senior) and they asked me (politely) to stop calling and that the case is being dealt with and could take anywhere from a week to many many weeks. If it is the later, then I can kiss goodbye to the house purchase and sale because no one will want to wait indefinitely. I completely understand that these matters are complex however, the Land Registry have not sent anything to my Vendor or her solicitor. I am unable to speak to the Land Registry Lawyers to get an update. So for what seemed like a really decent process, we are now stuck feeling that we will be in the dark for potentially months. The question that I have for anyone out there is that there must be some way of getting through to the Land Registry Lawyers and to simply ask them if everything looks ok or if there is going to be a significant delay. Myself, my wife and my son are all sleeping on mattresses at the moment because we disposed of all our old furniture, thinking that we would be able to buy new ones when we are in our new house. Clearly this was a mistake and one that my wife is not going to let me forget any time soon! Thank you in advance for any help or advice you might be able to provide.
×
×
  • Create New...