Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Checho

  1. Hi there, I am making a claim to the county court against Blue Motor Finance. Do I claim a reimbursement for the full purchase price or for the money I have paid so far under the hire purchase agreement? Thanks.
  2. Hi there, I have not received any further communication from the financing company. They have failed to produce a final response letter after the 8 week period they gave themselves on the 6th Dec. On the 12th January, they told me they will arrange an inspection to confirm the faults and look into the repairs as requested. The inspection was done on the 20th January. However, they have done nothing about it and I have not seen the report. I asked for it to be sent to me but Scotia Inspections refused to do so. A letter of claim was sent on the 14th January letting them know that if they do not repair the vehicle by the end of the 8 week period (expired on 31st Jan 2022), I would issue proceedings. Would you please be so kind to advice on the matter? I still want to have the car repaired as there are no suitable alternatives at the moment and I am afraid I will not be able to recover the £1000 deposit I paid to the car dealer. Am I right? Thanks a lot. .
  3. Hi there, I would appreciate a bit of help with my previous question and I would also like to know if I can recover the deposit I paid to the car dealer, if I reject the car. This was £1000 and I paid by bank transfer (mistake on my behalf). If I reject, how long will it take for the refund to be made? Is it within 14 days? Thanks u very much in advance.
  4. Hi there, Following your advice I have sent the financing company this letter dated 26th Jan 2022: Dear Sir/Madam, Despite having an inspection carried out by you via Scotia Vehicle Inspection on the 20th of January 2022, I have not received any notification from you. As I stated in my letter dated the 2nd of Dec 2021, "I bought this vehicle for work reasons and I do not have a suitable alternative vehicle. I would like to kindly ask for a replacement vehicle until the car is repaired. If this is not provided, I might need to rent a vehicle for work. If this is the case, I will be looking for a reimbursement of the expenses incurred in doing so as well" Furthermore, as I stated on my letter dated the 14th of January 2022, “Also, as you know, the car is not being driven and I may start to add reasonable storage costs as well and I shall inform you about the cost of these shortly before I issue the county court claim.” The more reasonable and cost-efficient way to deal with the problem was to pay ULEZ with another vehicle. Please find below notice of all the payments and incurred expenses since the 2nd of Dec 2021, when I communicated the slipping clutch issue in the car, while I waited for the vehicle to be sorted out: 28x ULEZ payments. This adds to £350 1 x independent inspection carried out by The French Car Specialists. £60 1x fee for changing the insurance to another vehicle. £30 1x fee to insure the faulty vehicle so it could be taken to an inspection and road tested on 11th Jan 2022. £34.85 Total: £474.85 Needless to say, I keep paper track of all these receipts. Yours faithfully If they do not reply or repair the vehicle by the end of the month (notice being given in previous letter dated 14th January 2022), what would be my options? I understand I could reject the car as option 1. As option 2, could I take them to court for not complying with their legal obligations in a reasonable time and force them to repair the car and pay the costs I have incurred (as detailed in last letter)? Thanks again for your help and dedication to this forum. Priceless.
  5. I did tell them in my letter dated 2nd Dec 2021: "I bought this vehicle for work reasons and I do not have a suitable alternative vehicle. I would like to kindly ask for a replacement vehicle until the car is repaired. If this is not provided, I might need to rent a vehicle for work. If this is the case, I will be looking for a reimbursement of the expenses incurred in doing so as well" I was lucky enough to be able to retrieve my old vehicle. That , which involves having to pay ULEZ every time I go to work was, by far, the most reasonable option financially. It is £12.50 per day. Is it OK to let them know how much I spent up to date and make them liable for it?
  6. Ultra Low Emisions Zone. There is a charge to drive in that zone with vehicles that are not Euro 6 compliant.
  7. Yep, with my old car, which I had to re-insure. Otherwise I would be out of work. The new car( citroen) has not been driven since I spotted the faulty clutch.
  8. Thanks so much for the letter. I sent it along with the inspection report of the vehicle. Let me ask you something: If they repair the car, could I claim any ancillary losses incurred due to them selling me a car that was not fit for purpose and taking an unreasonable amount of time to repair it? I have spent a decent amount of money in ULEZ since I spotted the slipping clutch. I actually bought this car so I did not have to pay ULEZ on a daily basis. It seems to me that the extra costs I am incurring due to their negligence should be their responsibility. Am I right?
  9. I don't understand what you mean by the typo. Are you saying that the letter of 6 December is really the letter of 8 November? Nope. I mean I said "if u have further details..."in stead of "if you need further details". Please find below letter sent on 8th Nov 2021: Dear Blue Motor Finance Team, I entered into a Hire Purchase agreement with you on the 27th of October 2021. Agreement Reference Number xxxxxxxx I picked up the vehicle, a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso EXCL BLU Reg xxxxx on the 30th of October. On my way back home, after driving it for over an hour, the seatbelt alarm for the middle row left hand side seat went off. There was nobody in that seat, nor any object leaning on it. It was unsettling and dangerous as the alarm went off several times for long periods of time, distracting my driving. I took legal advice on the matter and I am aware that under the Consumer Rights Act, I am within the time limits to get the car fixed at no cost to me. I spoke to Blue Motor Finance on the phone today at 12:55pm and I was advised to take this matter to the dealership myself. I disagreed on the basis that you are the owner, therefore responsible for repairs under such Act. Hence the formal complaint. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon in order to resolve this issue. Kind regards,
  10. I meant if you need further details, not if you have further details. Sorry for the typo.
  11. Hi, The 8th November 2021 was the first time I sent a letter to them letting them know about the seatbelt alarm going off. I had not spotted the slipping clutch issue then. On the 2nd Dec 2021 I let them know about the slipping clutch issue. I gave them 7 days to respond, which they did on the 6th Dec 2021, claiming they needed 8 weeks to investigate and stablish liability. They replied to me on the 5th Jan 2022 ( letter copied above) and then again yesterday the 12th Jan 2022 telling me they will make an inspection of the vehicle. I hope that helps. Please let me know if u have further details. I have always included their correspondence in this threat. Noting else has been received. Thanks again.
  12. Hi, I had an email from Blue Motor Finance yesterday: Good Afternoon, As I have not heard back from the broker since advising them you did not want to go through your warranty. I have arranged an independent inspection with a company called Scotia inspections. They will be in contact with you to confirm a date. Once this has happened we can confirm the faults with the vehicle and look into the repairs as requested. Kind regards How should I respond? Thanks a lot.
  13. Hi, I have an inspection done to the vehicle with a full diagnosis confirming my claims: the clutch slips and it's worn to excess and needs replacing. The other issues found are due to the battery levels being low (due to not driving the car). The seatbelt issue is there too. I am not bothered by it as it is easily dealt with by having the seatbelt clicked in place. That sorts it out. So I plan to write to the finance company and the dealer letting them know about the outcome of the inspection and asking them to repair the vehicle and if they object to me driving the vehicle to the dealership and give them 5 days to respond. Is this the best way forward? Thanks.
  14. The car will be inspected next Tuesday morning. Thanks.
  15. Thanks for your prompt response. I appreciate your straightforwardness and I do not think you are being over suspicious or cautious. I will have an independent inspection of the car asap and let the finance company and dealer know of it and once the result of the inspection has been provided to me, ask them if the have an objection in me driving the vehicle to the dealership for repair. If the inspection reveals the fault and the finance company/ dealership keep playing tricks, I will seriously consider to exercise my right to reject. Thanks again.
  16. Great. Thanks. I did send them a letter on the 3rd Jan 2022 following your suggestions. On the 5th Jan 2022 I received this from the complaints team: It seems to me it took them 8 weeks to let me know the dealer is willing to repair the vehicle. I think this is the way forward and my plan is to push for this to happen asap. Am I right with this approach? I plan to contact the dealer and confirm in writing the terms of the repairs (how long it will take them to inspect and repair the car). I'd like to claim all the ancillary expenses incurred too. How can I do this? Is there any better plan or alternative? Thanks If I decide to take the car there, I will also tell them that by doing so, they accept the risk of making the fault worse.
  17. Point taken. Thanks. I will be on top of it. What is the next step moving forwards, please? A letter before court claim? Any other options available?
  18. Hi there, You'll have to remind me – have you had an independent inspection carried out? No. Not yet. I am waiting for their response. Also, I'm a loss to understand why you send them a letter giving them seven days and then at the end of the seven days you do nothing. Do you think this enhances your credibility? No. It doesn't. I have been very busy. My fault. Although it doesn't enhance my credibility, I hope it doesn't trump my statutory rights.
  19. Happy New Year to you all. I sent the above letter on the 13th Dec 2021 and gave them 7 days to reply. However, I have no received any reply. Absolute silence on their behalf. I suppose the next step is a letter before court claim. Am I right? I would appreciate some advice, please.
  20. Thanks for the feedback. I can't be bothered with interests. The amount is very small. I am claiming the deposit plus money I spent travelling (8 hours) to inspect the vehicle.
  21. Hi there. Thanks for the support and the service provided in this forum. It is great. I have another issue (this is the second) with Agate Autos LTD. Please find the short statement I am filing through the county court. I would appreciate feedback on it. Thanks again. SHORT STATEMENT FOR SMALL CLAIMS IN COUNTY COURT.AGATE AUTOS LTD I entered into a distant contract made by phone with Agate Autos Ltd for the purchase of a vehicle on 17 September 2021. At the time, I was advised by them that the service/goods would include: 1- The deposit for the vehicle would be fully refunded if I decided not to purchase the vehicle within the time constraints of the deposit paid, which was £250, which equals 4 weeks. This was confirmed by them in writing via email on 16t September. I paid £100 on the 17th of September and £150 on the 24th of September. 2- The Citroën C4 grand Picasso reg xxxxxx I intended to buy would be ready for an inspection. However, when I visited the premises on 9th October 2021, the car did not start at all. 3- Agate Autos never issued a receipt or the pre-contractual information nor replied to any email or correspondence. 4- I requested a full refund on 4th October to no avail. I am claiming this plus expenses incurred in travelling.
  22. Again, massive thanks to you for the help provided. Two questions: Should I show the dealership correspondence from Blue Motor Finance? Should I send them this letter? I have changed a couple of bits from your letter. Please see below the final draft:
  23. Great. Thanks. I will give them the option of it being diagnosed near me too, as I do not see any cons to this and seems reasonable in order to minimise disruption to me. One more question.. how many days I give them to responde? Seven?
  24. Thanks for the feedback, letter template and tips. I love this forum. Great work done here. Congratulations. My only concern with the letter is the fact that, if they accept me driving the vehicle to Blackburn for diagnostics or repairs, they may be able to claim that I drove the vehicle, making the issue (slipping clutch) worse and refusing to pay for it. My approach to this is to ask them in the letter if they are accepting this risk?? I could also ask them to arrange a visit to a garage for diagnostics and provide the details of the appointment and provide them with a reasonable timeframe for repairs to be carried out. What is a reasonable timeframe for this? 7 days? I could also suggest that they provide a garage around here and I will take the car for a diagnostic, if they take responsibility for the fee. Any comments on this? Thanks again. So grateful for the service provided by you.
  • Create New...