Hi Bank Fodder, dx100uk,
Thank you for your responses.
I'm reluctant to provide information regarding the dealer/car at this time due to fear of the reprecussions and with the value of the vehicle being high (over 40 thousand pounds). Payment was made via bank transfer. I want to be as vague as possible as you can appreciate I dont want to jeopardise me getting the refund. Once I have a better idea as to where I stand I'd be happy to provide a detailed account.
The timeline is as follows:
1. Car purchased a few months ago.
2. Approx 3 weeks ago made dealer aware of fault.
3. Was agreed the Car was to be handed to a main dealer for investigation. They weren't able to diagnose the fault. Was with main dealer for approx 1.5weeks
4. Main dealer wanted do carry out further investigations but independent seller who I purchased off did not authorise.
5. Independent garage collected car from main dealer and was taken to unknown location.
6. Chased seller for updates and location of car. No information provided for approx 1 week.
7. I then recieved an email which accused me of modifying the car and was presented with the 3 options I mentioned in my previous post.
8. I responded denying the allegations and confirmed I wanted a refund.
9. I then received a settlement agreement with a confidentiality clause which will prevent me from disclosing the circumstances leading up to the agreement online.
I hope the above gives a better picture as to what has happened.
I also wasn't quite sure what to put as the thread title, would it be possible to change this as it is quite confusing?
Thank you for your assitance.