Jump to content

PoorlyBorder

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About PoorlyBorder

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I didn't realise there was much difference, this is my first time doing anything like this so maybe a bit ignorant. Sorry for any offence caused.
  2. I wrote the letter using this template: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-before-small-claims-court-claim
  3. Update - I sent a letter of intent to the breeder on Saturday, and it was received on Monday. The letter gives 28 days to respond, otherwise I will take legal action. In any case I will eventually reveal identity of the breeder and report to various authorities.
  4. Thanks for all your responses. It is a truly distressing time for us and our pup, and the feedback is appreciated. It's a tough one with the Fridge V Puppy debate - you'd like to think a court would see it as different due to emotion but as Hightail says, potentially not(?) Pup goes in for her first consultation at the Cardio specialist on Thurs 19th, so I'll keep you posted. Once we know a more detailed diagnosis, and potential costs of "repair" I'll need to make a decision on: 1. Going to small claims court 2. Reporting Breeder to any necessary bodies 3. E
  5. I mean my insurance won't pay out, the breeder doesn't have any. The two things they won't pay out for: - Conditions present from birth - Conditions discovered within first 14 days of Policy start date Both apply to this case.
  6. Hi BankFodder Trust me, I'll be back. I just need to make sure everything is in line before I warn people.
  7. Hi BankFodder - Thanks for your quick reply. The dog is microchipped. The breeder has claimed on the document that at the same time as being microchipped, the puppies were "vet checked". If they had been, she'd know about the murmur. My suspicion is that she got a non-veterinary person to fit the microchip. Or got the Vet to do it and then lied about the "vet check". If we go to court we will aim to stay within the small claims boundaries. I am not willing to expose the breeder just yet, but rest assured if I don't get a positive result from either her, or court,
  8. Hi all, I am looking for some advice on action to take against a dog breeder who I feel has sold me a puppy with a misleading action. I'll try my best to be concise, yet provide as much info as possible - strap yourselves in: 17th September - £200 cash deposit paid for pup (only around a week old at this point) 1st November - Collected pup, and paid remaining £800 cash. Minimal paperwork given with the pup, but potentially crucially, one piece of paperwork, signed by the Breeder, which states: "VET CHECKED: 29th October" 7th November - First vaccination appointment at our V
×
×
  • Create New...