Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About wannagetadvice

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Can anybody advise me please? I am/was self employed but had to stop working as a self emplouyed carer due to covd and I'm considered vulnerable as having cancer treatment still. I am trying to find out if I have enough NI class 2 contributions for years 17/18 and 18/19 to be able to claim ESA but can't get the information I need as accountant is closed and I'd assumed (stupidly I think) that an accountant pays NI on my behalf, but when I tried to check with HMRC it shows 2017/2018 Year not full 2018/2019 Year not full but I can't find out if that means I'm outstanding NI contributions so not entitled to ESA and if I am outstanding NI class 2 payments, can I just pay it up then claim ESA? I'm so confused as I have paid 34 years of NI but not entitled to ESA if not paid up in full over them years.
  2. Hello Unclebulgaria 67 and London 1971, Thank you both so much for your replies, it cleared my confusion about the new rules. I am not entitled to Universal Credit due to asset or ESA as I was advised by the national insurance office about 4/5 years ago that as I had paid NI during all my previous years on PAYE, that I didn't have to pay and it was optional, I took the option not to pay anymore but didn't realise there would be consequences as not being able to get ESA now. I am in receipt of PIP as Macmillan applied for me and were successful and I am appreciative of that. I have been self employed for approximately 5/6 years and have submitted my tax returns via an accountant to HMRC. I'm hoping I get selected for the new payment in June. Kind regards
  3. I'm hoping someone can advise me please, I am a self employed person who is currently in isolation due to my health condition, cancer, so had to stop doing my job due to the virus outbreak and the possibility of contracting the virus and in isolation for the minimum 12 weeks at least, 4 of which I have already done. I am very confused as to my entitlements, as I thought the HMRC will pay in June, but thought there was a separate entitlement for the 80% of tax paid salary for self employment. Could anyone tell me if they are the same thing? Thank you for any advice
  • Create New...