I am sorry, I know this has been discussed over and over again BUT I don't seem to find anywhere how the nightmares with CRS/ Xercise4less/ Harlands ended.
My wife had a Gym membership with Xercise4less.
She was on one month rolling contract with Xercise4less and had to stop using the GYM because she was in family way and this decision was based on the advice from the midwife.
The last time she went to the Gym was on or around 09/08/2019.
We let another payment go out on 13/08/2019 so that it accounts for another month, so we were doubly sure.
We also tried to freeze membership BUT we were told that we cannot freeze it beyond 3 months, hence cancelled via app after speaking with GYM management. After that I cancelled DD. Since then we never heard from the Xercise4less, so we assumed all is fine.
But then all of the sudden she started receiving messages last week from CRS which we ignored thinking of them to be spam. But then they left a voicemail this week.
When I called them I had no idea who and for what matter we are talking about until they said that we owe them 3 months arrears. When I asked the guy "How come?", he said that my wife was supposed to give 30 days notice and because she cancelled few days into the month, my wife's membership stayed active which seemed an awkward clause to me.
They are demanding £201.47 for allegedly missing £19.99.
I have written an email to Xercise4less with Harlands and CRS cc'd in.
The crux of complaint is that
1. My wife had to leave because of her pregnancy
2. We gave, what we believed was full month's notice
3. If we made any procedural mistake why Xercise4less didn't contact us before going to third party like CRS
4. How come Xercise4less and CRS allowed to stack 3 months arrears without getting in touch with us despite knowing that we gave notice of cancellation and cancelled our DD, hence making the intention of leaving GYM very clear
5. Nevertheless, lastly I offered them following, "If and only if you convince me that the DD deducted on 13/08/2019 doesn’t amount to full one-month notice AND exercise4less has given me ample notifications before going to CRS, then I will consider coming to paying last month.
Nevertheless, as far as I recall correctly the last time, I used gym was before 13/08/2019 and then allowed an extra Direct Debit to go. And between this time, I cancelled my membership."
Again my apologies to barge into this post, I know there are ample threads around regarding this and I can relate to some of them BUT I couldn't find any that shares the end result as how the matter was settled/resolved.
So far, I have kept my wife stress free by playing normal but I am extremely stressed because of the fact that I have always kept our household financial affairs clean and never missed a payment.
I would have even paid this off BUT tbh I feel it is unfair and paying this kind of extortion as this will give these crooks more confidence. Please keep in mind that the categorically refused to discount any of the amout.
So, my question are
1. What should we do now?
2. Should we be worried?
3. What is the worst that can happen?
Any help will be appreciated. And also if someone has a past experience in dealing with these crooks in past, please do share how this got settled.