just received this:
‘We would still like to reach an amicable resolution to this, however, if you fail to respond to this letter, we will have no option but to commence further action to recover the monies owed. The options available to us are:
1. LEGAL ACTION
We believe you are in breach of a legally binding contract with Gym Etc because you have not paid your membership and our fees. We may pursue a claim under this contract through the Courts. If we do so the following process would apply:
1. We will write a formal letter explaining what we are demanding and give you a final opportunity to pay/reply;
2. If this failed to settle the matter we would issue proceedings against you in the County Court;
a. make payment, ending the legal process, or
b. dispute some, or all, of the amount was owed.
4. If you dispute the amount was owed the Court process would continue, at the end of which
the Court would make a decision on our claim.
5. A strict Court imposed timescale will apply in relation to the Court process.
Were we to be successful in our claim, or if you ignore the claim, a County Court Judgment (CCJ) may be registered against you requiring you to make payment. You may also be liable for our costs of pursuing legal action and interest on the amount owed.
If you then fail to pay the amount covered by the CCJ we would take the next steps required to enforce the judgment. To do this we would have to make an application to Court.
2. OUTSOURCE TO EXTERNAL AGENTS
Your account would be passed to another Collection Agency who will take further action to recover the monies owed.‘
anything in it?