Jump to content

FabledFabia

Registered Users
  • Content Count

    12
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About FabledFabia

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Yes. Lets see how the refund of the £323 repair costs goes, so far they are acting reasonably but I guess I shouldn't count my chickens before they've hatched. Me: 15:45 MSI: 16:07 Me: 17:23 I've been keeping a polite and civil tone, I don't want to give them any reason to draw this out. I will post an update once I have one.
  2. Thank you, I have responded to them as per you comment above. I just hope we can come to an amicable resolution so that I can put this whole saga behind me.
  3. Thanks all for your continued assistance. I have received the email below from msi trade centre: I am happy for them to do this, but I'm not sure the garage will accept this arrangement (I will ask them anyway). If the garage refuses, am I OK to make a counter offer and say I will pay the costs myself, but I will then send MSI trade centre the invoice and have them send me the payment that's due within 7 working days?
  4. How do I make it clear that I am not happy? Thank you, I have the car booked at an independent garage this Friday, we'll see what they say.
  5. Thank you. I will get car back on the road and then look at seeing for repair costs.
  6. Hi BankFodder, thanks again for all your help, but I have decided not to sue the dealer. Having looked at other peoples experiences, I can see that the court process takes a very long time, I was ready and willing to wait 2 months or so but it looks like this process can take up to 6 months. And even at the end of it all, a win is not guaranteed. I will pay the 323 to get the car repaired myself. Thanks again for your assistance. I will be making a small donation when I get paid at the end of the month.
  7. Sorry, I don't have a scanner at home, I'll scan the documents at work on Monday and upload a PDF. The other side of the page is blank. So not sure what the "relevant terms and conditions overleaf" refers too. I have just phoned the bank regarding a chargeback, and they say they'll send me some documents "within 14 days", I'll fill in the documents and send them back to the bank.
  8. Thank you so much for taking your time to help me. Sorry for the late response. I have attached the invoice here. along with the car diagnosis which was carried on on 4th March. I have sent out a letter and an email "08/03/2019Dear Sir or Madam, For the avoidance of doubt, my previous letter (dated 04/03/2019) is a letter before claim and at the expiry of 14 working days I shall be suing you in the county court if I do not have my refund. I will also be suing you for the additional losses which I have suffered. Yours faithfully," the letter was sent via signed for post, and within the envelope I included a copy of the previous letter. I will start drafting out a claim. car_diagnosis_4_march_2019.pdf car_diagnosis_invoice_4_march_2019.pdf
  9. Thank you so much for your response. The dealer is MSI Trade Centre, I didn't name them in case that was against the rules. I thought I had to said a warning letter first and then send a 'letter before claim'. I will create a new letter and get it sent out. Is email OK or does it have to be post?
  10. This is the letter I sent them. I have redacted my name and the traders name with ▪. letter contains grammar mistakes (And and) refund_claim_letter.pdf
  11. Hello, I need some help and guidance please. I am sorry this is a very long post but all help is greatly appreciated. 9th of February I purchased a 2008 Skoda Fabia Diesel, 77430 miles, for £2150. paid the full amount via visa debit card. 15th of February, electric front passenger window stopped working and was stuck in an open position. Took the car to a local garage and was told the window regulator was broken, I was quoted £170 for repairs. I rang the seller, they said I could either drop the car off with them for free repair or I could accept a payment of £70 to go towards the cost of repair. I live in Rugby and the seller is in Birmingham, so I decided to just accept the payment of £70. The seller told me the money would be transferred to my account “within a few days”. 23rd of February I took the car for a free Halfords safety check. They The found a serious oil leak, they also drew my attention to the fact that the amber engine management light was on. They advised me to take the car back to the dealer. I dropped the car of with the dealer for repairs. When I asked how long repairs would take, I was told the repairs should be complete by Monday afternoon. The following week, I received no updates from the dealer .I rang on the 27th of February and was told the work should be complete “by the 29th latest”. 29th of February, I rang the seller at 14:00 hours and told them I would like to reject the car because repairs were taking too long and I did not have any other car. I told them I would be happy to accept a partial refund seeing as I had used the car for 2 weeks. The seller then told me I could not reject the car because the work was complete. I collected the car on the 2nd of March. The seller gave me an invoice for £250 which showed the work which had been done: Transmission Recondition Gearbox and seals Drive Shaft Seal The seller also informed me that the amber engine management light issue had been resolved. They also paid me £70 cash for the window regulator repair. 3rd of March, the amber engine management light came back on. I rang the seller and informed them of the issue, I told them I wanted to reject the car. The seller refused the rejection and said he would have someone call me the next day. I told the seller I am happy to go the legal route, and he told me “no problem, we have very good lawyers”. I went to autotrader and left a 1 star review detailing these car issues. 4th of March, the seller rang me and insulted me on the phone regarding my ‘bullshit review’ the seller said he was planning on telling accounts to issue me a refund but he would not be doing that because of my ‘bullshit review’. I took the car for a diagnosis, I paid £45 to get the light diagnosed. The issue report said: 19586 EGR system; upper threshold reached intermittent Garage told me the car would enter ‘limp mode’, I was quoted £323 to have the issue fixed. I rang citizens advise and explained my situation. I was advised to send a letter via registered signed for mail, formally rejecting the car and giving the seller 14 days to issue a refund. I sent this via email (Along with the relevant receipts) on 4th March. I also posted out the letter and got confirmation of delivery on the 5th of March. I stopped using the car on the 4th of March. It is currently parked on my driveway. 6th of March I cancelled the car insurance. The car has 400 additional miles since I bought it, this includes the 50 Miles spent taking the car from Rugby to Birmingham and back (for the repairs). My understanding is I now have to wait 14 working days for a response (even though the seller works on weekends), if I haven’t heard back in 14 working days ,I send a ‘letter before claim’ telling the seller they have 7 days to issue a refund before I take them to court. If I still hear nothing, I then make a claim. Questions: The seller has not responded to the letters/emails, do I have to send them any reminders or do I just wait?
×
×
  • Create New...