Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About MrSmith21

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Ok that makes sense. I have another query, if the defendant states "we will pay your costs as entitled under the court rules" how does that work? I assume this relates to the interest accrued for the duration of the case. Will the defendant calculate this sum accordingly and include it on top of the full and final settlement of the claim?
  2. The only issue is that CPR 38.6 states: (1) Unless the court orders otherwise, a claimant who discontinues is liable for the costs which a defendant against whom the claimant discontinues incurred on or before the date on which notice of discontinuance was served on the defendant. As my case has not be allocated to any track as of yet, how does the above work out? In addition, I have a hearing coming up soon to discuss the fact the defendant wanted to introduce evidence in the form of a written report from an expert. How does one get this cancelled as well?
  3. Just an update regarding the above. I attended the strike out hearing and the judge ruled in my favour. I recently received an offer from the defendant, which I am willing to accept. How does one make sure that the defendant actually pays me the money? I will issue a Notice of discontinuance (N279) form as well, but I was not sure in regards to my query above. Thanks
  4. Hello everyone, I have now been sent a letter notifying me that "The hearing of the defendant's application dated xx to STRIKE OUT CLAIM (see copy attached) will take place at xx on the xx - t/e 30 minutes" I was wondering if I, as the claimant, had to attend this hearing? Thanks.
  5. Ok sorry I did not know about this. I haven't discontinued the claim as of yet, as I'm still not sure if I should continue with the claim or not. I do have a strong case, but the defendant clearly thinks otherwise. It is just a lot of work trying to organise everything in relation to this.
  6. Hello, I received the following from the Online Court in regards to the defendant issuing a claim for my case to be striken out and want to know how best to proceed:- District Judge xx sitting at the Civil Money Claims Online Court considered the file and made directions. UPON the Defendant having made an application which is not supported by the Online Court and the file being referred to a judge pursuant to the Civil Procedure Rules PD 51R 75 It is ordered that: 1) The case do exit the Online Court and be sent to the Defendant's Home Court to be placed forthwith bef
  7. Just under £4,000.00. My concern is there are personal injury elements, but my claim is solely focused on the contract when the services / goods were sold to me, which did not stipulate all the potential risks that could have occurred. I am only pursuing for a full refund of fees paid for the product, rather than damages incurred.
  8. Another related question If I issue Notice of discontinuance now, would I be liable to the other parties legal costs? Should I pay for the hearing fee and wait just to 100% make sure the case gets allocated to the small claims track before submitting the form? I'm concerned that my case may get allocated down the fast-track route. Thanks
  9. Yes, I used the new Test system in the link you provided. Okay I will send it to CCBC Northampton. Thanks for your help.
  10. I haven't been sent a Notice of proposed allocation form (N149A) as of yet. The problem is the new Money Claims website does not list any mailing address, everything so far has been done on-line or via email. I did not use to MCOL option. Would you know if the address is identical to the Northampton one?
  11. Hello everyone, I have recently issued a small claim against a company, but do not want to go through with it any further. The defendant did issue a defence and requested for Mediation, but subsequently changed their mind. I was wondering if I can still issue a Notice of discontinuance (N279) form before the case being allocated to a track? If yes, which court do I write down? Should I send this via post to the Money Claims centre in Manchester or via email? I have been utilising the new beta Money Claims service, which does not provide information on the matter. I wa
  • Create New...