I have never hired a lawyer before, except when buying a house, so I have no idea where to start.
Recently, I received an opposition to a trademark application, so it looks like I need to get some legal advice. So I have a few questions!
1. Is it best to get a local lawyer, or are most meetings done by phone or Skype?
2. How do I evaluate if the lawyer is any good?
3. When you are making initial enquiries, do they charge you when you speak with them? Or do you tend to speak with their assistants on initial enquiry?
4. Should I speak to a couple of different lawyers first?
5. Do most lawyers charge by the minute?
Anything else I should be aware of?