Jump to content

Girl22

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    13
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Girl22

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks for picking this up. I’m at a loss and gave up. The store manager claims the carpets are cut and in the store so they can’t cancel order and yet my online carpetright account still shows it as on hold (no stock). I got the feeling he’s lying to me so I caved in and gave up trying to fight this. I’m still unhappy and would appreciate advice. I’ve called the store and spoken to the manager . I recorded the conversation and asked him to confirm and also email confirmation that my carpet has been cut and delivered to store . He said he will. So will wait and see.
  2. Thanks a lot. Interestingly carpetright aren’t responding to my email. I’ve cc’d the CEO
  3. Apologies, I wasn’t clear. I made the order in store not online.
  4. *Update* I spoke to Hitachi and they have refused to cancel the agreement. However, they said I can withdraw from it and will have 30 days in which to pay them back their money. I guess that's where Carpetright will refuse to pay them
  5. Thanks again all for your support on this issue. Apparently the store manager is due to contact me today to tell me they are not cancelling the order. I was told this by the customer car team when I rang them yesterday afternoon. Should I even bother picking up the call? Assuming Hitachi agree to cancel the agreement today. Would it make sense to email the customer care team and c.c CEO to reiterate my complaint and let them know that I have cancelled the agreement.
  6. Thanks for that. Thank you, everyone, for all your responses. They are very encouraging and different to the types of responses I have received from Moneysavingexpert. What if Carpet Right refuse to pay them back?
  7. Thanks a lot. So I need to cancel Hitachi agreement and what if Carpetright refuse to pay them back?
  8. Thanks for your help. I’ve written the cancellation email through resolved to both CP and Hitachi. If they insist on this order, I’ve been advised by someone not to be at my property on the day of delivery and fitting. I was wondering what you think?
  9. Thank you for the welcome. Here's the background on my issue: A measurer from Carpetright came to my house on the 30th of June. Unfortunately, when he came to my house he did not have the LVT samples that I had requested from the Carpetright Ipswich store, in order to do colour matching. I thought that was not professional of the store, but nevertheless, I decided to let this go. On the 30th of June I made an order for a Carpet, LVT and fitting on a finance agreement. At that time I did not realise that the carpet in question is out of stock and the customer advisor did not inform me of this. Otherwise, I definitely wouldn't have made the order as I would like to have flooring in my new house sooner. I wish I had been informed of the 4 weeks turn around. I had been hoping for a two-week turnaround (max). On the date of my order I had been told by the person who did the paperwork that he would give me a ring the next day to arrange fitting dates. I did not get the promised call on 1st July. Monday 2nd July I followed up to try and get a fitting date and the person on the other line told me that it wouldn't be until the end of the month. At which point I expressed my dissatisfaction as I had not known it would take so long, neither had I been told this at time of order. The person on the other line said he would see what he can do to expedite the fitting. He gave me a call the following day, but unfortunately, due to work commitments I missed the call and was not able to get back to the store until Friday 6th July. On Friday 6th July I rang the store back and managed to secure a fitting date for the 19th of July. However, I've been reviewing my Carpetright account online and I noticed that the carpet order is on hold because the carpet is (no stock). The store did not make this clear to me at the time of order that the carpet was not in stock. My experience and cumulation of disappointments do not inspire confidence and I am concerned about further letdowns, which has led me to the decision to cancel my order . I have a credit agreement with a cool of period of 14 days, which expires in 6 days. This is a huge agreement to get into and a very big deal, as a result, I want to make sure that the service delivered is also to a good standard that I'm not going to regret. Carpetright have point blank refused to cancel the order and yet attached is a term/condition that I feel they are in breach of. I wonder what rights I have?
  10. Thank you for responding. Unfortunately and stupidly of me, I made the order in Store. I didn't realise an online order would have better protections. Hitachi have said if Carpetright refuse to cancel order, there's not much they can do, despite me being in their 14 day cool off period. I spoke to the Financial Services Ombusman and they said that can't be right, as the protection is there for a reason.
  11. A fitter came to my house on the 20th of June. Unfortunately, when he came to my house he did not have the LVT samples that I had requested from the Carpetright Ipswich store, in order to do colour matching. I thought that was not professional of the store, but nevertheless, I decided to let this go. On the 30th of June I made an order for a Carpet, LVT and fitting on a finance agreement. At that time I did not realise that the carpet in question is out of stock and the customer advisor did not inform me of this. Otherwise, I definitely wouldn't have made the order as I would like to have flooring in my new house sooner. I wish I had been informed of the 4 weeks turn around. I had been hoping for a two-week turnaround (max). On the date of my order I had been told by the person who did the paperwork that he would give me a ring the next day to arrange fitting dates. I did not get the promised call on 1st July. Monday 2nd July I followed up to try and get a fitting date and the person on the other line told me that it wouldn't be until the end of the month. At which point I expressed my dissatisfaction as I had not known it would take so long, neither had I been told this at time of order. The person on the other line said he would see what he can do to expedite the fitting. He gave me a call the following day, but unfortunately, due to work commitments I missed the call and was not able to get back to the store until Friday 6th July. On Friday 6th July I rang the store back and managed to secure a fitting date for the 19th of July. However, I've been reviewing my Carpetright account online and I noticed that the carpet order is on hold because the carpet is (no stock). The store did not make this clear to me at the time of order that the carpet was not in stock. My experience and cumulation of disappointments do not inspire confidence and I am concerned about further letdowns, which has led me to the decision to cancel my order . I have a credit agreement with a cool of period of 14 days, which expires in 6 days. This is a huge agreement to get into and a very big deal, as a result, I want to make sure that the service delivered is also to a good standard that I'm not going to regret. Carpetright have point blank refused to cancel the order and yet attached is a term/condition that I feel they are in breach of. I wonder what rights I have?
  12. I found this forum online after I got myself into a spot of trouble and I'm looking for advice.
×
×
  • Create New...