Jump to content

Gourger20

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    43
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Gourger20

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I intend to do that. I've already paid £400 today to put the account into credit. I guess I'll just have to see what the income officer says. I would try going to the court. However, I think it costs £255 to put the form in as opposed to £50 for stopping warrants. If I could pay the extra £255, I'd be able to pay the agreed amount, so that's not really an option at this time.
  2. Yeah I realise that now. I was just under a ton of stress and wasn't thinking very clearly. Am I basically screwed now then? I just want to know, put simply, if this means I will be evicted from the property now.
  3. £760 a month. This was decided by the income officer. The judge asked if I agreed to this and I said yes. I just wanted it suspended, so I agreed. Plus, I felt it was affordable at the time. But the council tax bill that came on suddenly and unexpectedly has now disrupted that. The rent arrears was at £381. I've paid £400 which puts it some pounds into credit. I'm just worried that they'll go back to court even though the rent account isn't heavily in arrears simply because I defaulted on the agreement.
  4. Bit of a dilemma: So the warrant was stopped and on the day of hearing (27th September 2018), the income officer pretty much demanded more than what the rent costs (£760 a month as opposed to £670 a month) to stop the rent going into arrears. I was stressed at the time and agreed because honestly I didn't want to fight any more. I didn't think I had a chance to fight it considering how he made it sound like it was his choice to stop the eviction. Plus, it was affordable. This payment is due on 11th October 2018 and every 11th of the month thereafter. Today, I had an unexpected counc
  5. It was adjourned for 14 days by the judge. HA Officer wanted to go for 7 days but Judge gave 14 days instead. After 20th September 2018, we'll be getting a new hearing date. By that time, the arrears will be cleared off in full. HA Officer will also be coming up with some sort of plan going forward to stop the rent going into arrears in the future. All in all, I guess it's over. 2 months of waiting finally coming to an end.
  6. So, my hearing is tomorrow (Thursday 6th September 2018) at 10AM and I thought I'd ask: if the hearing does not go my way, does that mean I will have to leave on this day, or will I have time to get my things together? As it stands, the warrant is currently suspended in the mean time. I'm not sure how it works if the judge grants them the possession as the date of eviction was 4th September originally. Will they be able to carry out eviction on 6th September if I lose, or do they have to get a new date from the Bailiffs? Appreciate any responses. Not sure how it works as usually peop
  7. Handed everything in today at court and it was reviewed by a Judge. I had to wait around 2-3 hours because the court had a lot of other eviction cases and the Judge was simply looking at my application in between cases. Oddly enough, I saw the Senior Rent Officer from the Housing Association that deals with my rent account. He was there for 2 other cases and just kept looking at me the entire time. He tried hanging around to see what was happening but had to go in the end. Judge suspended the warrant for now and gave a hearing date of 6th September 2018 at 10am. I'm guessing they d
  8. Okay, so before I get ready to print everything off and staple it together, I want to check here if what I've written is up to scratch. Please see attached the form and witness statement. I have removed any information that would reveal my identity. That's been filled out on the originals. I've also signed, dated and ticked the appropriate boxes on Q10. As for proof, I will be attaching the following: 1) Proof of my two payments made to the Housing Association. I have decided to show the statements as far back as September 2017 which is around the time my arrears were clear and
  9. They said on the phone that on the day I would sit and wait with the forms, then my name will be called. Not sure what that really means. That's all they said and just to make sure I bring the 3 copies with me.
  10. Well, they are calling it an appointment. Do they mean the same thing in the eyes of a court?
  11. Alright thanks. Fingers crossed it all goes well. Up to the judge now. Hopefully he/she sees what my HA can't or refuse to see. Just to make sure: there's nothing else I need to add to my statement that I attached, right? It sounds sufficient enough? According to the court, they're saying that I need to bring the documentation on the day of appointment. It sounds like they're saying I can't come in earlier.
  12. Oh, are you able to do that? Should I just go into court then when I have everything ready, hand in the form and pay the fee and tell them that I have a hearing/appointment set for the 24th? Why do you need 3 copies? I assume one is for the judge, me and then the claimant (likely the Housing Officer will come to represent them)? If so, just hand in 2 and keep the other for myself to bring with me on the day? I assume you also need to bring 3 copies of the supporting documentation too? Does my evidence look fine?
  13. No I haven't done a budget sheet So far I've got proof of my two payments from my rent statement to show that I can at least afford the £670 a month after the arrears are cleared (only doing higher now because of the arrears). Proof that I receive Student Finance (letter stating it was approved for this year as you have to renew it every year) along with dates of payment and the amount. It says "awaiting confirmation" right now because that's what it usually happens. It changes near the time it's due (still not due for around a month). I'll also be attaching some invoices o
  14. I hope so, I guess I'm just finding it difficult to find hope when my Housing Association are being unreasonable and have the power to stop it and end my worries, but are confusing to for reasons I don't know. I'd understand if I couldn't afford to pay or if it would take months or years to clear, but it won't. It's just 6 days after the Eviction date and what's worse is originally they would not "halt action" until 10th September 2018 and yet have to wait almost as long anyway to get me out. Doesn't make sense to me. I've had confirmation from the court that it'll cost £50 to su
  15. I've been reading this https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fees-in-the-civil-and-family-courts-main-fees-ex50 to find out what it will cost to submit the N244 and according to that list, it will cost £50. It reads "Application to vary (amend/change) a judgment (or order), suspend enforcement or suspend a warrant of possession or stay a High Court Writ" which is what I am intending to do (suspend the warrant) and says £50. So it isn't £255 like the other one was. Not sure why that one was higher. Form was returned because of it. I can't help but worry constantly abou
×
×
  • Create New...