Jump to content

Will Goodfellow

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Avg. Content Per Day

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Will Goodfellow

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Did you claim the 25% discount only? If so, you need to claim a council tax reduction too if you have no or low income.
  2. As you are married and have been living together, if you divorce, he is likely to have a beneficial interest in the property even though the house is in your name. You also have a beneficial interest. His beneficial interest is a proportion of the equity in the property and so is yours. That proportion is calculated by a number of factors. The deposit from the sale of your flat will be considered and other contributions to the household while you lived together. Your beneficial interests could be split 65:35 for example in your favour. He could decide that he doesn't want his beneficial interest and give it to you. You can make an amicable agreement together but to make that legally binding, you need a consent order. If he claims his beneficial interest and you want to keep the property, you would need to' buy him out' or pay him his beneficial interest. That can be agreed with a consent order too. If you cannot agree what your beneficial interests are, you would need to apply for a financial order where a judge would decide in family court. At this point, if you cannot pay any beneficial interest he is awarded, you may need to sell the property in order to release the equity. You then can buy another property with your equity if you want to. Either way, you would need to speak to a family solicitor and either agree to a consent order or apply for a financial order. You can carry on as you are but he could claim his beneficial interest at a later date. Although it will diminish in the long term and as the house is in your name, he may lose it altogether eventually.
  3. It's a complex situation so not easy to help. Because you are a director, does not mean that you are not entitled to any benefits. Entitlement is based on your capital and income. You can do a benefit check online to see what you are entitled to: https://www.entitledto.co.uk/ What's the term left on the mortgage, are you joint tenants or tenants in common? Do you want to divorce or not? What exactly do you want to know?
  4. It's not illegal to park on double yellow lines for a while when loading or unloading. Also, there is another possibility apart from the van reversing, you turned too sharply and clipped the van.
  5. If there is no disposable income over £20 per month, there would be no income payments agreement/order and all debts owed at the time of the bankruptcy application would be written off, the bankruptcy would be discharged after 12 months assuming there is no bankruptcy restrictions order in place.
  6. Which fees are your referring to, can you link to the page? There shouldn't be a fee to submit either form. These are links to the TE7 and TE9: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-te7-application-to-file-a-statement-out-of-time-extension-of-time-parking https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-te9-witness-statement-unpaid-penalty-charge-parking You will have to submit a TE7 and TE9 for each ticket. You will also need to have grounds to appeal for each ticket, not receiving the notice to owner is grounds to appeal. But you said that you received a notice to owner for one PCN and binned it, that is not a good ground to submit a witness statement It also indicates that you were parking where you shouldn't have been and ignored one ticket at least. Claiming that it's impossible to incur all of those tickets in one day is also not a good argument. It's possible if the tickets were issued at different times of the day with enough travel time inbetween tickets. Have you ever parked where the tickets were issued?
  7. Why does she want to renew the contract if she wants to move out? A new contract would mean that she is bound by the fixed term so would be liable for rent until the term finished. Because there is no renewed tenancy does not mean that she has no tenant's rights. The landlord still needs to give sufficient notice to evict her, and she needs to give sufficient notice to leave too. What that notice period is depends on what type of tenancy was originally signed.
  8. Start parking properly If you keep your doors locked, the bailiffs cannot force entry to take your goods. You might want to hide your car, though, unless it's essential for your work and worth less than £1350.
  9. A CCA request is only relevant where the debt is a consumer credit agreement, it's unlikely this is. What would be useful is a copy of the agreement which your son and son in law signed, then you would know what they are liable for if anything. If there is liability and your son in law is the guarantor, your son and son in law have joint and several liability. If a CCJ is granted against your son in law, a charging order on his property is a possibility.
  10. Don't pay anything until the bailiffs have given up and returned your account to your council. Keep the doors locked and don't let the bailiffs in. If you pay now, some of that money could be given to the bailiffs to pay their fees.
  11. Because the creditor or creditors can does not mean they will but there is no restriction which prevents a bankruptcy because a person has no assets. Disposable income is relevant too as creditors can enforce an income payments order where an agreement is not met which will last for at least three years. It can prevent certain types of employment and directorships amongst other possible restrictions, and also affects certain credit applications in future. Creditors may consider it a fitting consequence of the debt owed even where there is no monetary gain. It makes more sense for the mortgagee to apply for a CCJ in this case as there is more chance of monetary gain in the future. Although there is not much it can do if your friend has nothing to take.
  12. Repossessed properties often sell for less than market price but the mortgagor can argue that it has been sold at undervalue. A complaint to the mortgagee and then escalation to the Financial Ombudsman Service if it is not resolved is procedure. Having no assets does not necessarily stop a statutory demand to start bankruptcy proceedings. Whether or not the executive plan is affected depends on whether it is classed a pension or not and what type of pension it is. A future property purchase could be affected, depending on when the banktupcy is discharged or otherwise if a CCJ is granted. Don't forget the statute of limitations is six years for any interest owed after the sale but twelve years for any capital. A CCJ seems more likely even where an undervalue dispute is successful there is likely to still be a large shortfall.
  13. You shouldn't do that. After any priority creditors are paid, the estate should be distributed to remaining creditors on a pro-rata basis.
  14. It depends on her partner's income, possibly not. Carer's allowance is not classed as income in the calculation.
  • Create New...