Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About sinka

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I might have ticked the jurisdiction already, will this be a problem?
  2. Name of the Claimant ? - Cabot Financial UK Limited Date of issue – 5th April 2018 What is the claim for – 1.By an agreement between Halifax & the Defendant on or around 19/01/2000 ('the agreement') Halifax agreed to issue the Defendant with a credit card. 2. The Defendant faild to make the minimum payments due & the Agreement was terminated. 3. The Agreement was assigned to the claimant. 4.The claimant therefore claims 1700.01 5. Costs Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Not that I am aware of What is the value of the claim? 1700 plus court fee and legal rep costs 1900 total Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 19/01/2000 Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. The debt purchaser Cabot Financial Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I had phone calls but thought they were PPI, might have had a letter but thought was junk mail not too sure Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes but the original debt is not on my credit history so thought it had been resolved. Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? They have been sending letters yes but thought was junk because not on credit file. Why did you cease payments? The original Halifax card i got made redundant and had no job. What was the date of your last payment? not sure, to the Halifax was well over 10 years ago but might have paid Akinika 50 pounds per month a few years ago but wasn't sure what it was Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes I did but because i lost my job I could no keep up with payments and things spiralled out of control.
  3. yes there was a definitely a gap, the company was from Preston if i recall I think it was Akinika
  4. Might have been 3-4 years ago and might have been the same debt, probably 50 quid a month or something like that. I had several debts that i paid off and this one wasn't on my credit report so stopped paying it to another company, then it comes back years later.
  5. I may have made a small payment to another DCA previously but not Cabot.
  6. Hi, Could someone help me please? , complete noobie questions below:- I've been out of the country and been sent a claim form from the County Court Business Centre for a claim from a 10 year old Halifax credit card debt for £1600 plus £105 court fee and £80 legal representative costs. I have been receiving calls from these people but i just thoiught they were PPI calls. This claim form was sent on 6th April (I flew abroad 7am that day) but i've logged onto the portal (22nd April) and filled in the AOS form to extend, i'm not sure if this will still be possible to do? I may have paid small payments to this debt a long time ago but to be honest forgotten about it, got my credit score back up high and then this lands through my door, i really don't want a court judgment on my credit file. The debt doesn't even show on my credit reports from various agencies. I'm not even sure about how much the original debt was and how much credit was put onto it etc. Could someone help me please in the reply to the court or give me any pointers/online helpers? I really believe that this debt could be Statute Barred. Any help would be greatly appreciated, my main concern is not to get a mark on my credit file and I really don't want to pay a DCA the full amount but would consider a part payment. I'm not even sure if it's gone past that stage that I cannot offer part payment out of court? Thanks in advance x
  • Create New...