Jump to content

rockystar

Registered Users
  • Content Count

    70
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About rockystar

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hello again So they received a letter on October 8th 'in a bid to resolve the matter without further delay, our Client is willing to accept the sum of £705.99 (inclusive of fees and costs) to conclude the Court proceedings and will agree not to pursue any remaining debt.' The Current Balance is £1,411.99, so this is half. Restons gave today (November7) as the deadline and say this settlement figure 'will be automatically withdrawn if not accepted by this date.' The letter also says that 'If you are unable to raise the sum, we confirm our client is still prepared to accept payment of the debt by instalments.' There's a financial questionnaire attached to be returned by COP today as well. They suggest a Tomlin order may be filed depending on the offer of payment preferred and the length of time it will take to clear the debt. They end by saying 'If you have any queries regarding the content of this letter or wish to discuss any settlement proposals, please do not hesitate to contact this office on the above telephone number.' So, my friend has not responded and wonders if they may still accept an offer after today? And they would also like advice on what you all feel is the best way forward. Thank you for letting me pick your brains once again and thanks for any and all advice and help given. Best
  2. Hello! I thought I'd posted after the court case but it's not here! Really sorry. ( You were right Andyorch, they did use a rent a Sol who asked to speak with me before the hearing. She tried to use the £175 court fees as leverage to get me to sign up to paying £5/month for the rest of my life! When I mentioned what the "recovery executive" from Lowell had said —that they didn't care if it took me 10 or 20 years to pay this off —she asked me to leave the room and made a call to Lowells. When I went back in they had a agreed to settle for the £650 I had previously offered. So it's settled. Phew! I can't tell you how helpful and supportive I have found this group and I can't thank you all enough. Andyorch, dx100uk, jon8214, Old Cogger—thank you all so much for helping me through this. You've all been fantastic! So sorry my initial reply didn't post. It was a lot more detailed! Thanks again everyone x
  3. One quick question: In my conversation on Thursday with Lowells, I was told "It doesn't matter to us whether it takes you 10 or 20 years to pay this". I recorded the conversation. Should I mention this, that I recorded it and the quote? Thanks
  4. Okay, thanks. I know you're right, it's just so unsettling. Thanks for all your help on this and I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you so much
  5. So, I went back and offered £650 on Saturday morning and was told I needed to call back Monday morning as no one was available. Called back this morning and they still rejected it. So I'm due in court at 2pm. Feeling sick. All of this is really baffling to me, to be honest. I don't know how to defend myself or what to say or not say. Can anyone give me advice on that? Is there anything I should definitely not say/anything I should? Thanks everyone!
  6. Is there any way I can/will win this? Seems so unlikely and I will likely be too nervous to make sense of it all.
  7. Thanks dx100uk Very specifically, do you think it's worth calling Lowells again with a higher offer? As mentioned previously, I have scraped together £700 in total to try and settle but when they refused the offer of £450 and didn't try to negotiate, I left it. Thanks On their correspondence, they say their offices are open to 8pm on Friday and between 8am-2pm on Saturday.
  8. So no one thinks I should call Lowells again and up the offer? Could this end with me losing my old but useful car or having bailiffs sent round? O.o
  9. Could this end with me losing my old but useful car or having bailiffs sent round? O.o
  10. Thank you Jon8214. I'm not sure what that means Old Cogger. So no one thinks I should go back to Lowells and try and up the offer?
  11. Here you go! Thanks for your help Vanquis T&Cs for CAG 10 Aug 2018 11.05.pdf
  12. Ah, right. Okay. I'll upload the rest. Thanks Jon8214
  13. Good morning I didn't upload the Digital Signature Application details or the many pages of Pre-Contract Credit Information (T&Cs) as I thought they would just be standard. Nowhere have I signed anything on these pages . Also, I left out the pages and pages of transactions which are Exhibit PR3. How shall I handle this court hearing? Is there anything I should refrain from saying, anything I should point out. For example: should I point out that despite being unemployed with no savings or assets (I do have a 12 year-old Toyota) that I tried to settle before the court date? That Lowells where late filing, as Jon8214 mentioned. The conversation I had in which the Legal Recoveries Associate said that it didn't matter to Lowells whether it took 10 or 20 years for me to pay the amount under a Tomlin Order rather than settle before court. That there is no actual documentation with my signature on it. Etc. Any tips? And what do you think my chances are? Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...