I booked my Jaguar XF for servicing at KWIK FIT located at 136-142 New Kent Road, London SE1 6TU, due to a "service needed" fault light.
On my way to the garage on Thursday 9th November, I receive a battery fault light and I had to call the RAC and when he arrived, the RAC technician checked my car and said it was an alternator fault, so I decided to take the car to KWIK FIT to fix both the Alternation and servicing.
KWIK FIT called my phone after checking the car to inform me that i needed;
1. A new alternator
2. A new battery
3. Four new tyres
5. Whole set of brake pad and disc for the whole car
all this was now totally £1,700,00.
I explained to them that The RAC technician tested my battery and confirmed to me and the KWIK FIT manager, that my battery was good and all I needed was just an alternator and servicing and only the rear brake pad because, when I done my MOT last, it stated that my rear brake is getting worn out and I should change, but in contrast, KWIK FIT was forcefully persuading me to carry out a repair not needed.
They were also forcing me to buy four new tyres even though my tyres were not bad, saying that the tyres on my car is for BMW, so I have to buy KWIK FIT tyres.
After all the forceful offers by Kwik Fit, I decided to get a
New Alternation, new battery and servicing from KWIK FIT at an amount of £850.00
The result of all this was a disaster when I picked up my car on Monday 13th of November 2017.
* KWIK FIT did not stamp my service book record that they claimed to have stamp after the work, so I had to go back to inform them and make them stamp it.
* KWIK FIT left a car part cover from my car abandoned on the non driver front seat without replacing it back from where it was removed, and when I complained, the manager said it was not a problem, that it does not matter to leave a car part cover on my seat because "it will not stopping the car".
* The service light KWIK FIT claimed to have reset after servicing my car was still illuminated on the instrument panel, as it was before I paid KWIK FIT to service my car.
* KWIK FIT damaged the rubber pad liner on my driver side door, causing my driver door not to close properly anymore.
* KWIK FIT offered me a battery I did not require, even though an RAC technician tested the battery and said to them it was okay.
Just after two days of driving the car after collecting it from KWIK FIT, I discovered that there was a hot vapour water brewing continuously from the engine and when I opened the engine, there was brownish engine radiator water all over my engine bonnet surroundings and the hot vapour was dangerously coming out from the engine.
I contacted the manager to explain to him but he was very unhelpful, arrogant and showed a non nonchalant attitude and was trying to make it act like nothing wrong had happened and when I asked for his area manager contact number or their customer service to complaint, he said I must drive down to his garage to get their numbers, if I wanted his customer service or area manager's contacts.
I eventually searched online and contacted their head office and spoke to a person named sofia, who say she will get the area manager to ring me after 2 to 3 working days to discuss my predicament and disastrous service I have received from the staff at Kwik Fit New Kent Road.
In summary; Kwik Fit New Kent Road,
1. KWIK FIT sold me a battery I did not need, even when RAC tested my old battery and said it was in a perfect state.
2. KWIK FIT collected money for servicing and it appeared it was not serviced as the service light is still showing,
3. Persuading me to buy tyres I did not need, even though I just recently changed my tyres and nothing is wrong with the tyres,
4. Damaged the rubber padding of my driver side door badly,
5. Damaged the car after claiming to have serviced it and it is now producing hot vapourised smoke like heated water coming from inside the bonnet and visible to every one and looks like a car that is about to catch fire.
6. Covered inside of my engine bonnet with brownish like water as a result of their reckless work.
7. Claimed to have stamped my service book when they did not and I had to discover it before they reluctantly stamped it.
8. Let a car part material on the front non driver seat of my car and said it was okay to leave it there because, it will not stop the car from moving,
9. The manager at Kwik Fit New Kent Road was denying me the opportunity to make a complaint about the appalling service I received, by not providing me their customer service number or area manager contact, thereby intentionally trying to silent me,
10. I and my family depend on this car and my children could have sustained injuries from sitting on the car part car left on the front seat by KWIK FIT, which could have resulted in fatal injury.
I am immediately requesting that this complaints be investigated fully as soon as possible and that the rip off culture I have experienced at Kwik Fit New Kent Road London, must be stopped and that my car fixed immediately.
I will be taking the matter to court by Monday 20th November 2017, if this matters is not resolved amicable and I will also be letting the world know via social media, the kind of bad and disappointing mechanical, customer and rip off experience, I went through at KWIK FIT New Kent Road London, with wanting to get away with £850.00 of my hard earn income, as well damaging my Jaguar XF.