Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About randm

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Sorry link above missed out: https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/debt-collection/high-court-enforcement-officers.aspx
  2. OK actually doing a search on HCEO's and not the keywords I was using has brought up some very good explanations of the differences. I did not realise this. One great link is here: Particularly useful sentence about businesses, where these guys can break in and seize goods even on the first visit. Questions: 1. Can I stop the bailiff process at any time and just hand collecting to the HCEO's or do I have to let the bailiffs now run their course? 2. Can HCEO's go to business owner/director properties and seize goods there if they struggle with the main business address?
  3. I was told to use these by the courts, I was trying to get advice here but I was getting no response. They have a scheme here that use telephone people whch has a good rate of success, but i think they're just getting the run-around like everyone else on this case. So what powers do HCEO's have that the bailiffs don't and why would I use them over the bailiff's process? They seem to be hellishly more expensive, like £1000 v £100. When the amount you are collecting is £2500, £ 1000 is a lot of money to also invest when you never get any kind of g'tee it will work.
  4. Aha Thank-you, so I believe these would be what are called sherrifs, is that right? At the moment the bailiff support team is calling for the agreed payment but they are not responding and past the date of the first payment. This way it's going to be years before we get anywhere. Bailiffs are yet to go in, however they have told me already that they don;t think they will get any, knowing their territory etc. About a 30% chance of getting paid with them. This is why I am thinking we cancel the agreement, get the bailiffs in, let them fail 3 times and then I wanted to work out
  5. Actually yes iot is but I was getting no responses on that any more. I thought maybe because the case is now requiring different expertise? I would like to keep this thread if possible, as I think the other thread is dead.
  6. Hi There So I won a judgement in the small claims court almost a year ago. There was an elongated appeal process that to date left me stumped. However the case is now in the hands of the bailiffs. This is a business to business case, both the claimant and defendant are LTD companies. Currently the bailiffs are trying to collect over 3 months using a new telephone service which has a higher rate of collection, and i'm happy to try that. However the date of the first payment has already been missed and they cannot get hold of the main contact to get the payment over the phone. They
  7. Hi there So I finally got a reply from the Judge on the issue of these extra costs, his response is: ‘these kind of matters cannot be dealt with by emailed correspondence. If Mr XXX seeks his costs he must make an on notice application with supporting evidence and payment of the appropriate fee. The application will have to be served on his opponent and will be dealt with by judicial process in due course. This will undoubtedly involve a direction that the Defendant responds to the application and maybe listed for hearing if not dealt with on papers.’ I attach a form N244 for co
  8. So I have finally got a response back from the judge, however the response simply states in 1 line that the date has now passed where the appellant was given to provide something so the appeal is over. 4 times I have sent in an application under CPR 27.14(2), and including 27.14(2)(g) , to have consideration of my costs to be paid and I have still not got any kind of response what-so-ever on this question. Some questions I need some help with: 1. Should I move to collection on the original award and then continue to push for the extra costs to be claimed and then collect those i
  9. Thought I would update the thread. I have basically been waiting on a decision on this letter about costs for months now. The appeal was refused on 3 /4 counts but with a confusion about the date in June given to come back on point 4, which has now passed but without any letter or comment. I call up every 2 weeks and the file is always still with the judge, so at this stage I have nothing that says "you won, appeal refused...go ahead and collect" with a " your costs have been awarded or not". I have in effect no closure at all. I have tried every angle on getting this moved on,
  10. Thank-you for that So I have sent in a letter today outlining these points and also asking humbly for clarification on the missing transcript and June dates. I also updated my costs to include interest lost and also the extra time it has taken to read an enormous transcript. I will get back here when I know more.
  11. Hi There TY for the reply. I agree with the 7 day thing, I understand that is the final part of the process and also how unlikely it should be to get that accepted, so that doesn't worry. The most confusing thing is that the whole transcript has been sent in to the judge. He asked for the hearing and judgement and that has been sent in. This was in fact what all the delays were originally about. So I am confused as to why the judge is asking for more transcript and then giving them until 09/06 to provide it? The judgement was the only place where the award amount was discussed.
  12. I have had the judges decision back and it is not clear cut. Here's the actual letter from the Judge. My questions are: 1. The only place we talked about the amount of the award was in the judgement part of the hearing. It does not make any sense that the judge is asking for more transcript because the was sent both parts. 2. Can I go for collection of the money now or do I have to wait 2 more months? 3. Surely if the appeal has failed, why is the Judge saying part of it can still be presented further? Seems really unfair. Any help is appreciated as usual. At le
  13. Something we have just found out is that they have now produced 2 of my original invoices from where I purchased the printers from. I think this is what they are using to try and get the pricing down, because I got a good deal on them, actually because I buy a lot of stuff from them. Question here is that the supplier has given them invoices that are nothing to do with them. I also have a witness statement from this supplier who said they were deceived by the appellant into getting information about me but they later wrote a statement to put the record straight on how info was being tw
  14. Well, at the end of the day they have gotten their knickers in a twist here because in their appeal, they are mixing up the 2 printers. So printer 1 had no glass, I never said it had and by their own appeal, they are kind of relinquishing this one. Printer 2 had glass in it, i also brought it back via another courier, which is what their "intervening" point is about. However you said and the judge concurred at the original hearing that this made no difference to the claim as it happened after the issue occurred. As I had a witness and proof in the way of photos, and the made a point ab
  • Create New...