Jump to content

gigglygemma

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    15
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About gigglygemma

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks can my Oz debt get sold to a UK DCA - and then they chase me for it under UK law? Such as this reference...[removed] - dx]
  2. Directly to the bank / credit company - I've not defaulted in the UK or got involved with UK DCA
  3. Thanks for this! I'm not sure if they are, I have credit cards debt and an overdraft.
  4. it is unlikely that they will issue a charging order on the property if we did get a mortgage together? Thank you for the advice! - I do agree with rent money going to waste, that's why I think it will be a good idea. Just don't want a charging order on the house, but obviously would be hard for them to do that based on AU debt (none of my UK debt is defaulted, I'm paying these off slowly)
  5. Thank you for your reply London1971, I guess my fear is that although I have a lot of debts, my partner doesn't. I know we could still get a mortgage. The money would be coming from him...my fear is that my Aussie debts get chased and they take the property away? Not sure if this is how it even works, but just a fear in the back of my mind. I don't want to be on the mortgage agreement if I can potentially ruin my partner's life.
  6. Does this debt mean it is a very bad idea to take out a mortgage with my partner until statue barred.... i would never want to jeopardise anything or get someone else involved. Still in the same situation - paying £10k debts monthly
  7. Thanks you for your comments...why would a solicitor waste their time going through with a default judgement, is it really that profitable for both parties?
  8. Hi Diodotos, I have just gone through your thread and I am in a similar situation, would you be able to advise on what you did to shut down the case? Any advice appreciated. Thanks so much. My thread.... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?477378-Australia-Debt-Stevensdrake-threatening-legal-action
  9. Hi LM217, I am in a similar situation to yours. Would you be able to advise on what the outcome was and the steps you took? Any advice appreciated. Thanks. G
  10. Would I start the letter saying I have no knowledge of this debt and to ask them for further proof? Then further elaborate on my financial background with payslip/employ contract/statements as proof that I cannot afford to pay? Thanks all for your support on this!
  11. Hello, Thank you all for your help. Yes, it's a difficult decision to make. If they issued a court claim and I had to go to court and they won, would I be liable for all the court costs as well? If they won the case would I be put on some sort of penalty payment plan to pay all costs, I suppose they'd get money in this way... even if it were a 30 year plan? Or does that money go to the courts? I may keep quiet for now and see what happens, of course, I wouldn't want it to escalate. I've only received letters from SD (and I don't live at the address anymore, but I know the person that does) I didn't get any calls or emails (except from CCS who also tried Facebook as well), all a bit strange. Some of my details are still registered at the old address and I'd like to avoid changing them to prevent a trail. Perhaps I'll ignore and then if it seems like it could be escalated from further notices, then I'll write the letters with my current situation and requested details. There is certainly no money in it for them...perhaps it's a case of morality for both parties. If I had it, it would go straight back to the bank.
  12. Hi unclebulgaria67, Mrs Hobbit and dx100uk Thank you all so much for replying. Such a worrying situation! Yes, I realise that they may be able to proceed this to the courts which is what I don't want to happen as I've been trying my best to get on top of the debts. I owe about $AU 7k to the Australia debt collectors, Complete Credit Solutions and now Stevensdrake are acting on their behalf to try and get the money. Just worried at now they are threatening to action proceedings. I guess CCS have 'instructed' them to proceed with court hearings if they continue to not hear from me. In the UK I have about £8k in credit card debts and £2k in overdraft debts. A total of about £10k, none of them have been defaulted because I'm doing my best to make payments on these debts to pay them off once and for all so I can move on. Unfortunately, the cost of moving to OZ and coming back with no job landed me in a bad situation so I was living off credit for a bit as I have no financial help at all. Even when I moved back I couldn't claim job seekers until after 3 months of being in the UK so I was completely alone in this. Is the best thing to do to continue ignoring the letters? Or should I confront them with my situation in hopes that they will give up?
  13. Thank you so much for your response Dx100uk....One of the cases I was reading up on CAG was one by Rebecca H which involved Stevensdrake and credit corp. I think after months and months they eventually dropped the case after numerous letters, but the fact that she received a hearing date (she received court papers) etc were going forward with it is what makes me think they could do the same to me? I'm not sure.
  14. Hi there, I'm currently struggling to pay off $AU 7k debt that is owed to an Australian bank, which has now been sold to a Debt Collection Agency in Oz. T hey tried to find out where I was living by contacting my ex partner and have tracked me down in the UK. They said they will forward this to their overseas affiliates Stevensdrake. I received a couple of letters from SD, the last one stating 'in the absence of any response we are instructed to commence legal proceedings against you. Court costs and interest will become payable (where applicable) in addition to the basic debt if those proceedings are successful.' Having studied most of the threads most people would recommend ignoring them. I have made no contact with them at all and this debt is pretty recent, only about 1 year. So I have about 5 years before going down the SB route. It looks like SD do bring people to court in relation to this...which is my fear. Unfortunately I have zero money or assets here. Just UK debts which I'm trying to pay off every month, I'm on min wage salary and I actually can only just about pay my bills, rent and food every month. My Mum isn't well so I had to move back within a year of being there. When I moved back to the UK from OZ I was unemployed for 6 months because I couldn't find work. I'm just not sure what the best way forward is as most people say to ignore them but I've seen some people recommending to make contact as to not let them think they will get an automatic judgement against me if they did bring proceedings forward. Any advice would be so appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...