Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral
  1. SmokieJoe thank you so much for advice. Here is a breakdown of the questions you have asked and its to my best knowledge. Before that just to let you know CAB don’t have appointments to give before 3 weeks and I don’t have that much time. If I go to solicitor I don’t have money for solicitor fee. In the very first paragraph you have asked “what date was the latest decision from a mandatory request? could you plz tell me what is mandatory request ? as I do not know at all what it is supposed to be ? I would write Tax Credits for tribunal hearing latest by coming Monday. When my husband left he did inform the local council in writing about this. There was no removal services involved. He took his belongings such as clothes, tools, laptop etc but also left bit of other stuff (2 tool boxes, and his very old clothes which were already in the loft) in the house and said he will pick them some other time. After few months I put his stuff in the back shed. Till today he has not collected his belongings. When he left the property in Feb 2015 his excuse was that he don’t have permanent and stable accommodation to put his stuff in, and according to him he has been living at different properties (with his friends and relatives and also renting rooms) until May 2016. He has provided me with 5 addresses where he has lived but none of them except ONE wanted to give any tenancy agreement to avoid property tax. All these address I provided to Tax Credits. None of the bills were on his name. He did not change his address from my property so during those times so there is NO letters/bills he is able to provide. He works permanent part time 25 hrs for a firm and last I know his annual salary was maybe just over 18500 gross paye. When he was claiming tax credits it was less than what I was getting. I will discuss ASAP with HMRC for payment options. I am working as part time and my wages after deductions is just over £550 per month. You can imagine how difficult it has become for me to survive with children. I have old tenancy agreement from landlord while husband was living here. We were behind rent by £2500. When ex moved out he paid his share half of arrears to landlord and also got in writing from landlord that he (my ex) now owes nothing to landlord. When I started claiming for Housing and council tax benefits the council paid the rent directly in to landlord’s account, the council never paid enough to cover the full rent. In last 4 days I have received a letter from a landlord giving me a eviction notice to move out by mid of March and also asking the outstanding rent of £7200. All the utility bills are on my name since husband moved out except the broadband due to my daughter’s studies which he kept on his name and paid the bill. I paid the bills during my claim period and goes thru my bank account. Bank account is on my name and never had a joint account in any bank. I do not know about the pension. I started working in a clothing store after 6 months of separation. We do not have any written arrangements regarding children. He has been financially supporting children, time to time he takes them out for meals, buy them clothes and toys for son. He also has been paying and still pays children’s sports activities for son’s karate classes, badminton classes, football classes and for daughter her studies tuition classes. I am going to apply for tribunal hearing today and also will try to make an appointment with CAB. I am mentally stressed out and may breakdown. I am worried whats going to happen. NOTE: just now I called HRMC to arrangements to repay, I have been told there is another overpayment of £2000 part of year 2016 . so the total has become £8069 (my adding is not correct). I have made an arrangement of £20 to payback which for time being is accepted. I have also asked HMRC to send me a letter showing a total combined amount so that I can apply for one tribunal hearing instead of 2 different hearings one for each disputed payment.
  2. Sorry HB, I have been stressed out and busy and trying to coup with children at the same time. I did not know how to get the documents in to PDF but somehow i managed to do it. Please see the attached PDF documents. Many Thanks.
  3. I am a new member and seeking for help and hope I will get a help and guidance to sort out TAX Credit rejection. I am a single mother of 2 children. In Feb 2015 my husband and I went thru separation due to our every other day arguments which was going on for past 3 years and eventually he moved out in Feb 2015 and left me no money to pay for the bills. While I was with him he used to get child tax credits and help from local council towards the house rent as he was on low wages and I was just a house wife. At time of separation my daughter was 13 yrs and son 6 yr old. Once my husband moved out he informed the local authority about the change and circumstances and because of this the council stopped paying rent. I did not know anything about the council and tax credit matters as everything was dealt by my husband. I applied for the housing & council tax benefits to my local council and child tax credits to HMRC which were all accepted. My ex asked me NOT to go thru the child support because he will buy stuff and support children which he has been but never paid me any money. I got a job in a clothing store to meet the ends and to provide for my children. Right after few weeks of separation I had been asking my ex to change his address as he does not live here. He kept telling me he doesnt have a fixed address and he lives at different places such as few days/ weeks at his friends or relatives. His letters from bank and other letters kept coming to my address after roughly many months I got fed up and I started to return his letters to senders and also threw in the bin and as usual my ex kept repeating that he will change the address soon . During the separation our relation had been up and down but I never stopped him from seeing the children as they dearly love him especially my son he took all this badly that he often cried during his sleep calling his father and also his school teachers informed me that he seem to be lost in the class. Due to the state of my children I gave him open access to my ex that he can see children whenever he wants to. In April 2016 we gave a try to get back together and allowed him to move back with me and I also informed my local council in writing. Unfortunately this did not work and I asked him to move out just after 2 weeks and once again I informed the council. Then from July 2016 my tax credits were stopped without any advance notice. On enquiring tax credit help desk told me to send my last 6 months bank statements, Pay slips, utility bills, Tenancy agreement of the property, housing & council tax benefit documents and also proof of address of my ex such as tenancy agreement. I provided all the documents except 2 and that is my own and also my ex’s tenancy agreement. My landlord has not provided me with the tenancy agreement due to being behind my rent and my ex could not provide his agreement because his landlord does not want to declare about the room renting to avoid tax. Tax credits rejected my considerations and in Nov 2016 asked me again to provide the same but recent documents and once again I did send most of them except my own agreement. My ex gave me only one tenancy agreement one of his addresses he had lived at. In total my ex lived at 5 addresses and none of them issued him tenancy agreement except one which he gave to me to send to tax credits. Recently I received a rejection letter from tax credits asking me to pay over £8K and have given me a time of one month (now less than 3 weeks) to apply for tribunal hearing. I have done nothing wrong and got in this big mess. There is no way I am able to pay that amount and don’t know what am I supposed to do. I am in great stress and tensions and one of my friend mentioned about CAG to get advice. Anyone here to advice and help to deal with this matter ? I would appreciate your help. Thanks Please see the attached letter from HMRC I have received recently. docs1.pdf
  • Create New...