Hello everyone, thank you in advance for any help and guidance you can give, it is very much appreciated.
Following receipt of a Letter before claim from Gladstones Solicitors I have responded to them disputing the claim, following a quick back and forth, I have received another letter from them stating that "they are not instructed to enter into any further correpondence...if payment is not made within 14 days - a claim will be issued without further notice"
The initial parking charge notice was issued to me by post, although i have no recollection of receiving this as the alleged contravention was in September 2015, I then received the letter before claim in December 2016.
1) Details of the letter before claim are as follows:
* Client - Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd.
* Charge amount - £150
* Date of charge - 09/2015
* Location - Heath Parade NW9
then the usual comments about paying it
2) My initial reply to this letter is attached as parking letter 1 (after a few days research)
3) I then received the usual threat that they'd take me to court in response, not commenting on any of the points i made in the first reply
- i will attach this once i find it as gladstone 1
4) i then sent another reply again making note of my points - this is attached as parking letter 2
5) Today i have received another letter disputing my points made in parking letter 2, stating that they will not discuss it with me anymore and that i should pay within 14 days or a claim will be made
- this is attached as gladstone 2
Please could any of you lovely people provide me with some guidance as to how to proceed,
My main argument is that the signage is inadequate and that no contract was formed, I have attached photos of the signage (photo 1) and the location of the car in relation to the sign on a wet day (photo 3) [another viewpoint is available]
(Sorry for the quality, unfortunately cannot save the evidence as)
A massive thank you to all that spend the time to read this,
A rather annoyed "keeper"
Parking ticket letter 1.pdf
Parking ticket letter 2.pdf