Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About NoWantCCJ

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi BazzaS, I would like to offer FF settlement on the condition that they (i) consent to set aside (ii) file Consent Order to stay proceedings (iii) agree to mark credit files as ‘Settled’ and not ‘Partially Settled’, ‘Satisfied’, or ‘Partially Satisfied’. It matters to me that I repair the credit record in whatever way possible, as it may impact ability to raise money as a startup from UK-based VC funds. But considering it may be SB, the costs to me must be minimal (including my FF offer - perhaps 10% or 15% max). I informed Citibank (original card issuer) of the address change befo
  2. Hi everyone, I have drafted a response to MC/CF(UK) in this matter in which I explain that (i) I had notified the card issuing bank of my new postal address long before receiving any notices from CF(UK), (ii) All notices from them and the claim form from the court were sent to the old address, and (iii) as such I do not find the CCJ to be a fair outcome. I continue to explain that I am an entrepreneur in a startup company that is currently not paying me a regular monthly income; however, I am able to raise sufficient funds to make a full and final settlement offer of about 30% of the
  3. Quick question, folks. If MC/CF(UK) do not consent to having the CCJ set aside, and I opted to file the N244 nonetheless, would it be sufficient to demonstrate that I had provided Citibank (original card issue) with my new postal address, but CF(UK) neglected to send notices to this address? Or would I be required to have sent this address to CF(UK) as well for such a defence to be tenable? As proof, I have some correspondence sent by Citi to the new address - one of those sheets onto which they stick on your new debit card. The letter has a date stamp on the bottom right corner of
  4. Interesting perspective. So, I am out of the country for six years, so you are practically unable to enforce. But during this time, my position with my employer could be compromised by the fact that I have a CCJ, so I have a real incentive to set aside. So we meet half way -> you file a CO and set aside the CCJ and I pay a concessionary lump sum amount as agreed between us. What's in it for them - (i) get the cash (ii) get it upfront, albeit slightly reduced What's in it for me - have no CCJ and protect my position with my employer Is that sensible?
  5. Hi Andy, Thanks for your reply. Re-reading my post now, it seems I wasn't very clear (also seems the line breaks got all messed up). I'll just clarify a couple things. - I do owe the debt, so I don't intend to fight that fact. - I am concerned about having the CCJ on record and would like it to be reversed or set-aside. - I am willing to pay a lump sum, but cannot afford to pay the full amount and would like to propose a concessionary sum. So, if I understand you correctly, if MC/CF agree to settle out of court, then the easiest way is to do so is for them to file a Consen
  6. Hello everyone, In 2009, I got a job in another country and moved away from the UK. I informed my bank of my relocation, but allowed them continue to send my post to my old address because I visited the address whenever I returned to London from time to time. In 2012, I requested that the bank begin sending all correspondence to a new UK address where my wife's family resided and where I would have more regular access to post. In late September this year, a resident at my former apartment (who happens to be a friend of mine) informed me that I had numerous letters there.
  • Create New...