Jump to content

Thebearshouse

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    10
  • Avg. Content Per Day

    0
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About Thebearshouse

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi Again We received the attached from the Court yesterday. My first thoughts were??? They still haven't told us if an application to lift the stay was ever made or has been granted. We have received no paperwork if they have done so - should we have received something? Would it be worth us emailing the Court, so at least there is some detail and paper trail, as after the telephone conversation i am not sure the correct message was passed on. img20190509_19024579.pdf
  2. This was the result of a CCJ The house is jointly owned, but the loan was in both names (at the insistence of Black Horse). The house is also a shared ownership property, so we own half of it and a housing association owns the other half.
  3. Hi Just a question on an old charging order - if anyone can give us some advice on it's current standing. Charging order was taken out by Black Horse - back in 2011. Since then the account has been sold twice - neither of the last two companies have mentioned the CO in correspondence they've sent. I have recently checked with Land Registry on another unrelated matter - and it still shows as Black Horse as the company responsible for the CO.. Question is - now that Black Horse no longer own the account, and that the debt has been sold twice - what is the status of the charging order? Second question is: if we was the sell the property - what would happen given that Black Horse no longer own the debt?
  4. Just a query - do you still have the original Notice of Assignment from HFO? If it was assigned to HFO Capital Ltd (Dublin) let me know the date. They purchased a load of debt before they had a credit licence - which is a criminal offence. We beat HFO a few years ago with this issue. But the date is key.
  5. Just an update after speaking to the Court. In short it seems to have been a bit of a Court error - and we are now waiting for further news. But what we do know for sure is that there has been no application for a lifting of the stay - and the Court tell us that if Arrow wish to apply they need to make an application and payment. Basics are that Arrow notified the CBCC that they were replacing Shoosmiths as solicitors and taking it in house. CBCC then transferred it to our local Court as a defended claim - and as such it was put before a Judge. It appears that the Judge was not made aware of the fact that this case had previously been stayed. The Court office tells us that they are now going to put the case back in front of the Judge, but with all the facts of the case to date. So it's a bit of a wait and see what transpires.
  6. Well we certainly never received a copy of, or any notification for, an application to lift the stay. We have not filed a directions questionnaire and again was not sent one to complete? I think we best ring the Court to find out what is going on. Arrow have still not provided a default notice - could we go for a strike out?
  7. Thanks - we did think it was a bit strange. Could this be an admin error by the Court? We will wait for further advice.
  8. Not exactly. We got a letter from Arrows in Feb 2019 stating that they were changing solicitors and are now using their own in house litigation team. We then got a notice of transfer letter from the CCBC stating that the proceedings had been transferred to our local court as the CCBC solicitor is no longer acting. The following was then sent to Arrow and we were sent a copy. Arrows responded by agreeing that it should be tracked for small claims and ticked the box agreeing to meditation.
  9. Name of the Claimant: Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd Date of issue: 12th August 2016 (Yes 2016) Particulars of Claim: 1. The claimants claim is for the sum of £2633.47 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a regulated agreement between the defendant and Vanquis Bank Ltd. (account No. inserted here.) and assigned to the claimant on 12/02/2012, notice of which has been provided to the defendant. 2. The defendant has failed to make payment in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. 3. The claimant claims the sum of £2633.47 4. C has complied, as far as necessary, with the pre-action conduct practice direction. The claim is for a credit card debt. The account was sold to Arrow global in Feb 2012 - no notice of assignment was received until 2 weeks ago. No default notice has ever been received. CCA requests etc were sent at the time of the start of the claim in 2016.
  10. Hi I am hoping someone can give us some advice on this matter: Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd claim to have purchased an old credit card debt from Vanquis. The last payment was made in December 2010 and Arrow claim to have purchased the debt in Feb 2012. We never had any news from anyone concerning this debt until June 2016, when Arrow sent an annual statement to cover the entire period from 2012 to 2016. No statements had ever been sent previously and no further statements have ever been sent. Shoosmiths began acting on Arrows behalf and sent one letter – within a very short time scale they issued a Court claim. A defence was raised and Shoosmiths sent us a letter saying they would endeavour to collate the documents we requested. The last correspondence we have from Shoosmiths was March 2017. Had a claim not been issued I estimate that this debt would have been statute barred either in late 2016 or early 2017. Arrow have now resurrected this court case, despite the fact that they have still not complied with all the requests we made, at the time of the original defence. As an example there has still never been a default notice issued in relation to this debt. Are we now able to apply for this claim to be struck out? What other action are we able to take – and what would you advise.
×
×
  • Create New...