Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4 Neutral

About Sparxeh

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

391 profile views
  1. Get in touch with them and ask to Voluntary Terminate as Payplan suggested, if it's not affordable and you want to hand the vehicle back. You will owe 50% of the total amount payable, which is outlined in the "Termination: Your Rights" section on your HP, which is the £5529.62 figure - then deduct your payments made to date. They will likely give you this information, before you then make a decision to go ahead or not.
  2. What makes you think you could reject the motorhome, 12 months after you had it? As far as I'm aware, under the Consumer Rights Act you have 6 months to reject/repair if a fault is proven. After 6 months you have to prove the product was sold not fit for purpose... Also as previously mentioned, it doesn't seem you have ever given the Dealer (Lowdhams) a chance to repair, until 3 years later? Unless your story has missed out some info in between.
  3. Yes if it's been processed as VS which sounds like it has, the proceeds of the car being sold at auction have to be deducted from your outstanding balance. If they haven't then alarm bells would be ringing. Do you have copies of your annual statements? If not you should request this as part of your DSAR.
  4. Of course what the car sold for is your business... You should be able to see the car's proceeds from auction deducted on your annual statements as well on the year this happened?
  5. Being realistic and blunt, did the brakes really fail OP or is your daughter looking for a reason not to blame herself? Everyone has accidents, it's nothing to be ashamed of - it's what insurance is for. Was it more her misjudging the roundabout, her speed/braking distance or not seeing someone else coming maybe? It's very rare brakes just completely fail, especially considering she had been driving it for over a month without issue. Also prior the accident I presume she was driving 5-10 minutes prior and braking no problem? She will need the car to be inspected to prove the brakes
  6. Wow this LL seems an absolute chancer. Does he seriously think that all of that is Tenant responsibility? A lot of that is a joke such as 18, 32 and 33 it goes on. So did you take any photos on check in and/or check out yourself? Did the landlord provide you with a check in report or inventory when you first moved in? I doubt it if the deposit isn't even protected.
  7. Can you post up the letter (redact any personal details) of the damages he is claiming for? Did you take any photos of the property when you left? But yes you could counter-sue for not protecting your deposit, I'm sure the penalty is up to 3x your deposit? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
  8. The agreement being 'terminated' doesn't mean you lose your protected goods rights - what makes you think that? That simply means the account has now been registered as 'defaulted' and will be a big fat red marker on your credit file. It doesn't mean you don't have protected rights to the vehicle. You can apply for a time order before or during a court order action, personally I would wait to see if Barclays initiate a court order first (ROG) then put your application in if needed for a time order - if you're comfortably able to demonstrate you can pay, and do pay or yo
  9. If you have definitely paid over a third, the car is now 'protected goods' under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Don't decline that job offer. Barclays' need a ROG (return of goods order) before they can recover the car from you - they takes MONTHS to get through the court. You should just tell them you have a new (hopefully secure) job, if you have any spare money now from you/dad put it to one side to pay the arrears. As from what you say it sounds like they are refusing payment? (very odd) Then when you start your new job, offer DWF/Barclays what is affordable each mon
  10. Contact your bank and ask to raise a Chargeback due to faulty goods. They should be able to return the funds to you, giving the garage no room to argue. If you're successful, the garage will just have the money debited by their card payment provider. Your bank may want to send a form out asking you to give a statement of account etc. No big deal Some info here if you want to read up https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback/
  11. How much was the car? And how did you pay; cash, credit card or finance?
  12. So it sounds like you have Voluntary Terminated (VT) your agreement and handed the car back to the finance company. So you are only liable for 50% of the Total Amount Payable, any arrears if you were behind on payments and the car must be roadworthy and not damaged (less fair wear and tear) - otherwise they are able to bill you for any damage/work needed on the car. Did you take plenty of photos of the car, before leaving it with the auction? Are they telling the truth, did the car need any repairs? Was it in a horrid state when you returned it? Or are they making the whole thing u
  13. Yes, ask the garage for a diagnostic/report whatever they can give you. Something that confirms the engine fault identified on or around the date you first collected the car. This is vital and key evidence should it go further e.g. court etc. I would suggest doing the above first, give that to the dealer and ask if they are not accepting this as proof of fault upon purchase, then to give you a written/email 'final response' as to why they are not upholding the complaint. Then take this to The Motor Ombudsman and go from there. Try to keep your cool, unsure of the tone of yo
  • Create New...