Please excuse my spelling
on the 5th of june 2016 i was involved in a accident, which is a possible fault claim
however this is still under dispute as i do not believe i am at fault.
i called up hastings the next day to register my claim,
they deemed my damage repairable and suggested i use a company called albany, the worst mistake i made.
They also agreed my car was repairable.
I was told i would have my car collected and given a courtesy car within the 24 hour time limit albany had to adhere to,
I registered with them at 4pm on 6th of june and was told their approved garage which was miles away
(long lane motors) from me will pick up my car and provide a courtesy by 11am the next morning.
11am came and i haven't heard a word from anyone,
called up albany and they said the garage (long lane motors) was unable to provide an alternative vehicle
and they have now changed my garage to one even further away place (thompson motors).
I didnt even receive a call to notify me of this and had to call after their agreed time
to find out that my car wont be collected today after taking a day off work.
i thought fair enough but was told now to wait an additional 24 hours,
which was unacceptable as i already had taken a day off work.
When questioning this, as i already had waited 24 hours,
the advisor told me that my 24hours had in fact started at 9am today
as my claim was submitted after 5pm the day before which was a lie.
I confronted her on this and told her where i could make a complaint,
i was advised there was no official complaint procedure and no supervisors on site.
I was not having it and was on there website looking at their page where i could make the complaint,
i made her aware of this, to which she put me on hold for 20mins,
came back and told me quite bluntly
"sorry your car is now deemed a total loss, and we wont be handling your vehicle any longer
and will report back to your insurers with this"
I was perplexed as to what had just happened, and quickly got off the phone and called hastings.
They advised me that my car was in fact deemed a total loss
and albany use a matrix system to evaluate if the costs are economically repairable.
Fair enough but would they not do this at the beginning before taking my claim on? It all seemed a bit fishy to me. I spoke to this girl from hastings that directly deals with albany (lauren i think) and she was appalled and made a complaint on my behalf.
I told her my car has not been looked at once not even a photo so how is it you deem my car as a total loss.
she sent out an "independent" assessor (AIA) and was also told i can use my own garage to get an estimate,
the AIA assessor came on the 8th and viewed my car to see if it was repairable and value it.
I asked him what he thought and he said it will be a total loss due to it being uneconomically repairable.
i waited on his report,
while i was waiting i thought id get a quote from a garage as to how much it would cost.
I used thomson motors (the 2nd one albany gave to use) to get an estimate as i've never used a garage like this before.
They asked me for photos and not to go in.
It is now the 10th and i've called up my insurance about the AIA report and was told it had not arrived yet
and they will call me on saturday to let me know and they said "it looks like it could be repairable".
Ok i said to find out they are not even open on weekends!
monday came and i'm now told it is repairable and the repair has been approved
subject to striping of my car to check if there is no further damage.
But i did not want to use this albany approved garage as i had a terrible experience with them.
I only used them to get an estimate.
I told my insurance that i was happy with a cash in lieu to settle this as they now have a pre accident valuation
and also the repair cost. And i did not trust their process as i had been lied to on many occasions
and told id be called back over 15 different times and got just one call
and that was for me to send in my driving license!
they passed this over to their in house engineers to give me a settlement i was told
and would again be given a call back!.
the next day arrived
i gave them a call
they had no idea what i was talking about and was told the in house engineers open at 9am.
I then received a call at 11am but missed it due to work.
I called back and they don't know who called me or why?
I told them that i am waiting or an offer from the engineers
to which i was told they do not do cash in lieu and that my car was a total loss
and if i wanted to keep the car i would only be paid out 24% of the value of the car,
i told him have you read my notes to which he replied "yes".
Once again i was shocked, he was very rude and i asked to speak to another advisor.
I was on hold for 45mins to a team that have nothing to do with my case.
Hung up after getting fed up and have now just spoken to this girl
and she had told me that they wont be now offering a cash in lieu
and i should take my car to the albany approved garage to get it stripped
to see if there is any more damage,
even after i had mentioned i want nothing to do with albany!
She has now referred me to a manager to again give me a call back.
I have looked at the AIA report and believe it is correct and there is no further damage to my vehicle.
How can i proceed with this as i have spent 8am-8pm all last week monday to friday on the phone to them.
I did not go into work all week and it is now effecting this week.
I have been lied to on many different levels,
how do i proceed with this as i don't have faith in the their system any longer.
Many thanks in advance