Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About sabine123

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Yes, i'm still in south africa. why?
  2. Thank you so much for your responses!! Does this sound ok to send? To whom it may concern, I am in need of urgent advice please. I left London at the end of October 2012 with my daughter to stay in South Africa for a short while. During this time, I was going through a very difficult divorce with my daughter’s father, and consequently ended up staying in South Africa permanently. I had believed that my ex had notified the relevant parties because the claim is in his name, but it has now come to light that he had not. The money has been deposited into an active but unused bank account. To this end, I need to cancel the child benefit payments with immediate effect and also repay the amount that was overpayed. I am very sorry for this oversight. Please advise what I need to do next.
  3. Hi all, In desperate need of advice, please. After a nasty breakdown of marriage and ultimately divorce, I left the UK to return home (South Africa) in 2012. My ex put in the claim for child benefit when our daughter was born, but the payments are put into my bank account. I realised the payments were never stopped, I thought he would've done it but he hadn't and now I'm absolutely terrified - I don't know what to do or what to tell HRMC. It's been 4 years! That bank account has not been used since I left (although I didn't close the account), so the money they've deposited over the years is still there. Will I be fined? Prosecuted? Help!
  • Create New...