Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mattdoombar

  1. How do I obtain an attachment of earnings against both the husband and wife? the N337 form only has space for 1 person and 1 employment. Do I have to do 2 and split the amount owed 50/50?
  2. I believe I will try the attachment of earnings first. I realise I won't get my money all at once but I think it offers me the best chance to begin with to recoup some monies. They may well pay up to avoid their employers finding out, who knows?!
  3. Whats the N56? this is all such new territory to me. Hard life lesson learnt but I would like to recoup some monies. I can't believe i consider these people friends!
  4. If I apply for attachment of earning and they fabricate some unbelievable statement of means can I challenge it? Or if it turns out they can't afford anything that way can I then direct the HCEO?
  5. They have two children and whilst they were at the time my friends I know they are crafty. I can see then making a statement of means showing zero excess money, even though they get plenty in benefits and are out every night of the week between them. And can afford to go buttons for the darts weekends twice a year which is not cheap! I just dont want them slipping through any loophole. Sounds cruel but Ideally I want a sheriff to go there and put the fear of god into them but I just dont think they care or have any sort of conscious. Sad really!
  6. I just think that the AOE might take a long time and also think they will find a way out of it, pleading poverty or something. I know they own a car, sofas, dvd players, tv's and an xbox one. Can the bailiffs seize all these? If so, which is more effective the crown court or the high court bailiffs? Ideally Id like my payment in full in one go so they can't get out of it
  7. They do have a 57 plate vauxhall astra as well as several tv's, a dvd player and a washing machine which I paid for? Would the courts be able to seize the times for sale? I dont know the husband new address, should I make an effort to find out or is it not important at this stage?
  8. I am aware that the two are not connected, I was just stating a fact/asking a question .
  9. So, I'm thinking that an attachment of earning of the HCEO are the best options should it come to it.
  10. I know where they both work and for who. He is postman for royal mail and she cleans for a property management company. What if they have multiple bank accounts, does that affect the third party debt order?
  11. Were being the word here, that ceased when payments stopped! obviously A joint claim
  12. Sorry didn't know which forum was correct. It wasn't just one loan. I lent them cash a couple times, then helped out with the purchase of a washing machines and then the largest amount was done via bank transfer but it was all discussed on Facebook, such is the world these days. I'm sure i am not the only person who has done this. anyway, the totals comes to the £1200 previously mentioned.
  13. I think the couple have split up, although they are still legally married. The wife lives at the old address, which I think is either council or privately rented. While the husband is renting elsewhere, but I dont know that address. They dont own a house between them, though they certainly have one car, he may have bought one too since the split.
  14. Is the high court transfer done through the MCOL system? I really am not versed in all this
  15. No its correct, she said she WOULD ignore anything from the court! Her words! Makes me wonder if these people have any types of morales!
  16. Hi Guys, First post. I was silly enough to help so called "friends" out last year and found myself being owed a good sum of money. It was £1200 in total. They, or rather, she, the wife, did make two payments of £50 into my bank account but thats all I have ever received. I have a print out of a Facebook conversation where she agrees to the 'loan' and its amount and states how and when she would pay me back. I also have a text message string confirming all the details and copies of bank statements showing transfers from my account to theirs. I have never phoned them and always gone for a written form of communication to ensure I have a record. Just before christmas I sent a letter, recorded delivery, to their home detailing all the fact with dates and amounts and stated if they failed to resume payment or make payment in full I would take the matter further. She only text to say she would pay me and she would ignore any letter from the courts. I received no payment. I filed the MCOL and judgement has been passed in my favour by default as neither of them responded to me or the court. I have progressed it online to ask for payment in full by the end of Feb 2016 though I doubt I will get a penny. My question is what would be my best course of action once this deadline passes? I see on the MCOL website I have several options, all of which involve a fee which I am happy to pay if it gives me a reasonable chance of getting some if not all of my money back. She works, part time I believe, and I know where and who for, he works for Royal mail full time as a post man so an attachment of earnings may work. They I am sceptical as I bet they come up with some rubbish showing they have no surplus after bills, which is total rubbish as they are out all the time drinking! I had thought about bailiffs but wondered how effective they are, apart from what you see on TV. Any advice or stories from people who have been through the same would be gratefully received. Thanks Matt
  • Create New...