Jump to content

Feeturingnat

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    14
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Feeturingnat

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi all, Sorry for my delay in updating but to be honest other than letters demanding money for arrears and text messages and calls which I have so far ignored, not much has changed. Trading standards have also been informed of my dispute on several occasions when I have contacted citizens advice. I guess now its a waiting game until they take me to court unless you have any other suggestions for me to move things along. I appreciate all your advice and wish you all a hasstle free new year! Many thanks, natalie
  2. Also I emailed the CMA with my complaint and they responded that they would pass the info to their 'pipeline and intelligience team' and would contact me if they needed any further info. It feels like an automated dead end!
  3. Hi all, Well no surprise I didnt get my letter of deadlock which I requested from them on November 18th. Instead I have received this week, 2 texts advising me that my account is in arrears, and to contact customer services.....and today I received a letter dated 4th December stating I had 7 days to pay £155 in arrears. I am not sure how to tackle them now. Should I write to them stating that I give their lack of response as to my deadlock request as their agreement in the situation.? I recall thats how I worded it in my letter to them as opposed to giving them 14 days to respond. I feel as though I should write to them asking for no further contact until they take me to court..... Is this a good way to proceed? Any advice is gratefully received..... Many thanks
  4. Oh dear....I registered the letter yesterday! I thought the consumer ombudsman service would arbitrate in a situation where a consumer was in dispute with a service provider.... I will have to wait till they reply. Thanks again,
  5. I notice that in october 2013 that you had a blog from a lady called carol, in dispute with AMSL over her 4 year old son needing to cancel karate classes for her 4 year old son who had an injured hand/thumb. This is the same karate club I am trying to cancel for my son..... I wonder if anyone heard the outcome? Same teacher/owner..... Club called Sutton Martial Arts Academy SMAA.
  6. What was the outcome of this case? This is the same Martial Arts academy I am in dispute with....... I hope the lack of further posts means there was a positive resolution.....
  7. Dear all, I have written to AMSL one last time, requesting a letter of deadlock from them so I can take my complaint to the financial services ombudsman. I understand that before you can get ombudsman service you need to have reached a formal deadlock. Im hoping that AMSL will realise I am happy to take the matter further and 'might' back down, only im not holding my breath! I will keep posting when I have further news. Thanks for your advice and mental support.....it is appreciated. Natalie Sorry, the above thread should have read....consumer ombudsman service. My letter was as follows.... I am writing to you regarding my membership dispute. I have been trying to contact you since 15.07.15 to cancel my 7 year olds karate classes -2 months prior to the contract commencing. I wrote to you on 14.09.15, 13.10.15 and 4.11.15 asking you to cancel these classes which he does not wish to attend and has not received services from. I have offered to pay a fair and reasonable penalty. I have also asked you to quantify any losses you have incurred as a direct result of this cancellation and you have failed to do so. Your attempts to resolve my cancellation have not been satisfactory and you claim you are 'unable' to cancel without a penalty of £621, which feels unfair and unreasonable. I feel we have reached a deadlock situation, and as such I am left with no alternative but to take my complaint to the consumer ombudsman service (COS) Please issue me with a letter of deadlock so that I may refer this to the COS. If I do not receive this written response, I shall assume you are in agreement that this case has reached a deadlock and I shall refer my complaint to the COS without further reference to you. I look forward to your response, ........ I hope this will work..... natalie. Ok.... now for trading standards and the CMA.......
  8. Thank you slick....I will follow your advice and contact trading standards and the CMA. I will post my letter here as soon as I pen it. Many thanks for your advice again. Natalie.
  9. Hi all, Well following the last letter I sent to AMSL they have responded and have not budged from the £621 they want as a final settlement. Im not sure what to do now. Should I write one last letter suggesting I will pay a 3 month cancellation settlement? That would amount to £210.... and I would gladly pay it to get them off my tail. Or should I leave it with them and say they can take me to court? On December 1st, the first payment would be due and I expect to start receiving letters for arrears..... Given that I did sign this contract for 12 months I am concerned that despite the circumstances of my error, a court will say its too bad and that I have to pay the full amount... Many thanks for your advice, natalie.
  10. Thank you slick, your advice is so helpful. I will pen the letter this evening and register it tomorrow.
  11. Hi all, sorry for the gap in my updates, I have just come back from leave. Ashbourne have responded to my letter offering me 25% discount as a final settlement bringing the amount they expect from me to £621. I think I will write back this week that this is still unreasonable but I am scared to push my luck too much. Im sorry I have been unable to scan my contract and post it as my PC has died a sudden death. Do you think turning down Ashbournes offer will reflect badly if they take me to court? To be honest if they offered 50% reduction I would probably reluctantly accept it just to get them off my tail. I have 4 more weeks till technically first payment is due.... Many thanks for your advice, Sorry conniff, Yes I do have copy of contract but I cant post it at the moment....I will try to get a friend to help me.
  12. Unfortunately I have already sent the letter....I had such a bee in my bonnet yesterday! I do have a copy of the contract and yes the 12 month minimum term was added in writing after I stupidly signed but I have no way to prove that. It was the teacher/owner of the club that filled it in and whilst she has told me she will support my sons decision to cancel, im not sure I can rely on her, as she was the person that bamboozled me in the first instance and she is quite the business woman herself. In terms of what I told Ashbourne in my long winded letter, I mentioned the contract in respect of a small child, that I signed before minimum term was added, that I had no time to read T and Cs as the next class was coming in, that I have been trying to cancel since july (2 months before his first class), that I have tried to be reasonable...offering to pay a fair cancellation penalty or admin charge and that I have no intention of reinstating the direct debit that was cancelled in july. I also mentioned I was prepared to be taken to court and would pay up if the court saw fit but that I hoped they would show goodwill and offer me a cancellation/admin fee instead. (I also listed all the numerous requests for money I received this summer for arrears charges that were not even due, with dates, amounts and the customer service staff who I have been speaking to, time of calls and the fact I was told to ignore the letters as the staff realised that at that time I didnt owe money) I have copies of all the letters, and a log of all the calls although im not sure the call log helps me much.. I hope I haven't shot myself in the foot with any of that but I would rather now pay more if the courts decided, than not to fight these bullies at all. Thank you so much for your advice, I will attempt to scan and post the contract when I get a chance although im not too tech savvy.
  13. Thank you all so much for your advice, I am really scared to front this out in case it does go forward into a court battle as I would have minimal monies to pursue legal representation. However, I also feel that they are purely out for their monies and couldnt care less about the clubs they act on behalf of or the youngsters that attend......so for this reason I will take my chances. When I wrote to them last month, I offered to pay a cancellation penalty or their commission that I assume they receive. Their response to suspend payments for 3 months was no news as they had told me this would happen by phone some 2 weeks before. I will write to them again today stating I have no intention of reinstating the direct debit which I had cancelled in july. I will offer again to pay a reasonable cancellation penalty and see how I go. I will keep you posted and see if I can hold my nerve. Scary stuff but I feel indignant to pay such a vast sum to them for doing nothing! Many thanks again, your advice is greatly appreciated. Hi there, Yes I do have the contract I signed and all the letters that have gone back and forth. I have a log of calls too but im not sure that will hold water so I will stick to letters from now on. Sadly the contract I signed didnt have a cooling off period which I stupidly didnt realise. I assumed that since I signed in june and he wasnt due to start till mid sptember that I could cancel before he would start. I wont be so stupid again.
  14. Hi all. I am desperate for help to see if there is any way I can cancel a 12 month contract before the 1st payment is due this december. I stupidly signed a contract for my 7 year old son who wanted to continue his karate classes having just been awarded his infant black belt. He has been a member since December 2013 and attended this local club weekly till 24th june this year where he earned his final belt. The teacher asked him if he wanted to continue into junior classes as he received his belt and he said yes in his excitement. I had 10 mins to fill in paperwork before the next class started and so I stupidly did not read the terms and conditions before signing. Worse yet, I filled in my details and signed before the minimum terms were filled in. My 7 year old subsequently changed his mind. I tried to cancel the contract a couple of weeks later, assuming it would be fine as he wasn't due to start till September when the first payment was due. Ashbourne told me they couldn't do anything without the teachers support. During the summer the teacher called Ashbourne to offer her support for my cause and she then told me she could do no more as it was up to them. Suffice to say they are not interested and they expect 12 payments of the £69. I wrote to them pleading for goodwill, and they have suspended payments till December 1st. At least the constant letters demanding arrears for payments that werent even due this summer have stopped for now..... If they won't offer goodwill, is there anything I can do? Im very worried I have no choice but to pay £828 for a karate class my son wont attend. Please help....
×
×
  • Create New...