Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About OldUserNewName

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I can't clear the mould as I live in an old house with old ceilings plus I can't move the chest of drawers to even get into the corner if I could get up to the ceiling. I live alone so no one to help me either. I am not under a current fixed tenancy agreement, it went to rolling nearly 2 years ago. The breach has not been stated in detail just there is a breach. I have spoken to them and they are not interested in the empty properties stating the problem is mine. The only fix is they will get someone in to deal with the mould issue and I will be charged for it, I was told to expect a bill of around £250. It was made clear though that even if I did this I would still be evicted in two months time as they have said I am a bad tenant. Thanks
  2. I have today received a letter from my letting agent after an routine inspection that was carried out last week. In this letter it states I am in breach of the tenancy agreement as there is mould on the bedroom ceiling. The letter states that notice to quit the property will be sent in another letter. Now my issue with this is that I only noticed it two days before the inspection. Its in a corner of the bedroom ceiling I can't get to and as I only use lamps in my room then that corner is always in shadows as there is a chest of drawers on that wall. When I informed the man who was carrying out the inspection I said it must be pretty new and explained that I kept my bedroom well aired. The window is open first thing in the morning to let the stale air out. I pointed put that the property next to mine and the one next to that are both empty. The property next to mine has been empty for 12 months this month, its a housing association property so I have no idea what could be going on inside that property. He even agreed with me that it is more than likely down to the fact that the property next door is empty and freezing cold, he even said that something could be wrong with the house and having a knock on effect with mine. It seems though this is not what he has put in his report to the letting agent. I just wondered how I should proceed with this, I don't have the money to find somewhere new to live and as I am signed off with depression and anxiety then all this is making it worse. I feel I am being punished for something that is not my fault as I keep my house warm and also ventilated. Any advice welcome Thanks
  3. Just looking for a bit of advice. I received a letter on Saturday saying my health questionnaire needed to be completed by December 2nd. I didn't know what they were talking about as I hadn't received any questionnaire from them. I have spoken to someone today who said a questionnaire had been sent but they put a new one in the post and I am to return it as soon as possible. They did say that I would miss the deadline for Decemeber 2nd and that a decision maker would decide on whether not receiving the original form would be a good enough reason for submitting the replacement late. The person I spoke to on the phone said it probably wouldn't be as post would be assumed as recevied as its been posted. It was then stated that if it goes against me I would receive no money until I pass a medical assessment that could be a good 6 months away or more. Even if they agree to accept my reason why it was late then I would not receive any money before Christmas. I am due to be paid next Tuesday and now I have to face the prospect of no money coming in to pay bills. As I have been signed off with anxiety then this situation is not helping matters. Is there anything I can do or just accept my fate when I return the new form? Thanks
  4. Just looking for some advice. My father is my guarantor for my house which is rented privately through an agent. I claim full LHA due to first being unemployed and now claiming ESA due to a medical condition. The landlord through the agency want to increase my rent, no unreasonable since its been the same for 2 years. However the problem I have is that my father moved to France at the start of October with his new wife. He is therefore no longer a UK homeowner or in employment as he retired then as well. He still has a UK bank account that all his pensions are paid into and his pension still gives him nearly as much as when he was working. I have rented this house for 3 years with no problems with the rent at all, only once was it slightly late but that was a problem with my bank and not the fact I did not have the money to pay the rent. Would people see this now as a problem or would the fact I am a good tenant and my father still has links to the UK through his bank, myself and his ageing mother despite living in France not cause any problems. Trying to get some feedback before going to the agent and putting all this to them, so I am a little forewarned. Thanks
  5. Hi everyone, A new week and a completely different problem but another battle with my Jobcentre. Last Friday I was signed off by my doctor for 4 weeks with anxiety. Things came to a head when I actually hid under the table in my living room because my advisor had called and was leaving me a message. The sound of their voice sent me into a complete panic, shaking, crying and nothing was calming me down. My doctor has signed me off as well as referring me for counselling and I have been perscribed anti-depressants. He made it clear it would be a couple of months before he would even consider saying I was fit for work again. On Monday my friend took the doctors note into the Jobcentre as the doctor said I was to not do anything that makes me anxious. She was told that if I want to have the extended period of sickness and stay on JSA then I would need to go in and be interviewed by my advisor and they would decide whether they would accept my sickness. My friend tried to explain that the Jobcentre and my advisor were part of the reason for my anxiety (I do have other things going on which make it worse as well) and she was todl I would need to be interviewed by the manager then, again another part of my anxiety after my one meeting with them when they reduced me to a crying wreck. Does anyone know if its true that I need to have an interview or are they making things difficult? My friend suggested claiming ESA but I have read this form needs to be taken to the Jobcentre and you again have to see your advisor for it to be processed. I am expected to be sanctioned, I was due to start MWA on Monday bit didn't attend. My friend rang them and they were told only the Jobcentre could stop it. So I am just waiting for the letter and the prospect of no money for 13 weeks despite being ill. All of this is making my anxiety worse. My college course has been put on hold until I am on a bit more of an even keel and then there will be a discussion about where to go from here. Can anyone offer any advice on the sick note issue and what to do. Thanks
  6. So my understanding of the regulations is if I say No then I am not entitled to any JSA despite it being a part time course
  7. Sorry for the quick double post but hoping to get an answer ASAP as time is of the essence here OK, so if I do fight this would I still be expected to attend on Monday? Can get a letter in the post either today or tomorrow and send it signed for but that depends on when they look at it. Thanks
  8. Finally managed to find a ES567SJP form online that I have printed off and started to complete. As I have MWA hanging over me, not sure how to answer some of the questions as not sure whether MWA counts as a job opportunity. Question 6 in part one asks - Are you willing and able to change the hours of your course so that they do not overlap with the hours you said you are available for work in your Jobseeker’s Agreement? Now if I answer yes to that will it be claimed I can do MWA and fit college around it? I have attached the form and the guidance they use. If anyone can shed any light then please help. I have a feeling that because I was referred to MWA the same day I found out I had an interview for college then they will use this to say the MWA takes priority and will have to give up the college course Thanks
  9. OK, so if I do fight this would I still be expected to attend on Monday? Can get a letter in the post either today or tomorrow and send it signed for but that depends on when they look at it. Thanks
  10. The letter finally arrived today and has thrown up several issues. 1. Learndirects own inital letter to me said there would be a meeting arranged by phone. This was not done 2. The address on the letter does not match my address. It is a completely different street. Could I claim I had not recieved this letter or it had been delayed due to this. A way of buying myself a little extra time to get things worked out 3. There is no mention of travel expenses being paid as they needed to be prearranged at the meeting I did not have 4. The nature of what I am doing is completely inappropriate. It states its arts and crafts, an area I have no experience in at all. In fact I would say I was a complete disaster when it comes to anything arty or crafty 5. It says I can make a representation if I think the placement isn't suitable, it does not say how this needs to be done or how long I have apart from 5 days, but 5 days from when? I am due to be there 4 days a week from 8am - 4pm, its in an area I don't know at all and as I rely on public transport it is a 1 hour 10mins journey away from my home. Nowhere does it says in the letter what clothing I am required to wear, if its arts and crafts do I dress is my old tatty stuff or think the job is more selling maybe and wear something formal? I have been to look at where the place is, the building its in looks abandoned with smashed windows, blinds falling down etc. My friend who took me said she feared for my safety if I was there. Thanks for the advice so far. Hope someone can advise some more Thanks I have managed to get a copy of the ES567SJP form online to declare my college course. I have printed it off to fill in but this has thrown up questions but will post as a new post
  11. Many congratulations on the new job
  12. Sorry for the long wait between updates again. I am still waiting to hear from LearnDirect, I had signing on today and was asked what was happening. Said not heard anything for a while so I am expecting this now to be chased up. I think I confused last time with my questions. I have been told I need to fill in a ES567SJP to declare my course to the Job Centre, I can not get them to issue me with one but have found one online as long as the one published in 2011 is relevant. Does the form above need to be given to the Job Centre before I ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration? I am still currently jobsearching as normal and attending college 3 days a week, no more than 15.5 hours. Hope someone can offer more advice and thanks for the advice so far
  13. Thanks for the advice so far. Apologies for the delay in getting back, been sorting out the loan for me to do this course and it has sort of taken over. Another update and a few more questions. 1. I am still waiting for the letter regarding my placement. I have no contact details for LearnDirect apart from an address so I am at a loss as to what to do now. The jobcentre told me that it was down to LearnDirect now and out of their hands 2. I have been told that a form would need to be filled in to inform the jobcentre of my starting college, however I was told by my advisor that a decision would be based on the fact I signed up for this course after I was informed of MWA and it would be seen as me trying to get out of MWA. I don't even know what form it is to try and find one online. 3. People have mentioned a mandatory reconsideration. How do I go about this and do I need to have completed the above mentioned form first? 4. I am due to sign next Tuesday and it clashes with college, I am there until 3pm and have to sign at 2.20pm, as I am getting no help from the JC at all then not sure how to handle this one. Would I be allowed to sign late if I am at college? Hope people can advise further. Thanks again
  14. Sorry just thought of one further question. It relates to MWA and what is deemed a good reason for missing a day. If I do have to do this, then I will be unable to do a day owing to seeing my father. While that in itself doesn't sound a good reason, then I wondered whether the fact he moved to France around 6 months ago and I have not seen him since and if I don't see him on this day then it will be next year at some point before I get another chance to see him again. Would this be reasonable or should I just tell my dad to forget seeing me as I won't be able to. Thanks for the help
  • Create New...