Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral
  1. Thanks very much for your reply Bazza. I was not told to return if things did not settle down. I was told to just go home and rest and lay off sports for a while (circa 2 months estimate). As I was under the impression (since they told me) that it was just ligament damage, I assumed that just resting for 5/6 months would solve the issue (along with my phsyio) In terms of the operation being needed, it is hard to say, however my Surgeon said it A)a good chance surgery would not have been required B) A cast would likely have been put on at the time, increasing the chances of it healing properly (thus surgery not required). I did not suffer a repeat injury. Looking at the Ottawa Rules, i believe I should have been X-Rayed. I had severe pain in the Malleolar zone (in my photo you can see the huge swelling all around this area) as well as 'Bone tenderness along the distal 6 cm of the posterior edge of the tibia or tip of the medial malleolus.' When this area was touched I had sharp shooting pains in it. Is it possible to access my notes to see what was documented? What should my next move be? Thanks again for your help.
  2. What do you mean? I visited A&E at the time of the incident. I followed up with a visit to my GP after 1/2 months at which point, I was referred for physio. I also went to my GP 2 months ago when i was then referred for the surgery on my ligaments.
  3. Hi, Last year in May I badly hurt my ankle. It was massively swollen and bruised (I can upload a picture if required). I had damaged my right ligaments in the past and had gone to the hospital and been told just to rest it for a few days. With this in mind, I did not go to hospital for 4 days assuming it was just ligament damage. However, after 4 days the pain was much greater than previous + was much more swollen and bruised. I decided I would go to hospital. Note, I was able to limp on it, but not put much weight at all on it. I went to Accident and Emergency and because it had been 4 days, I was subjected to 'Triage' and a Nurse gave me a lookover. I told her I believed I had fractured it as well as ligament damage. She claimed because I could put some weight on it, it was very unlikely to be a fracture and decided that I did not need an X-Ray. She advised me to go home and rest it. Over the next few months my ankle was in agony daily, I struggled to put proper weight on it for about 4 months and could not do any sport for 7 months. Even after this, I could not properly participate in sports and stopped after a few weeks. I still had pain in the ankle (even when lying still and sleeping, it would be sore after walking for 5 minutes etc) After 11 months of pain, I decided to go private to get the issue fixed. I was given a procedure to repair the ligaments and during this procedure, there was 5mm of bone snapped off in my ankle (the fracture I had suspected). Now, if I had been given the X-Ray when I went to A&E this fracture would have been spotted and I could have received the correct treatment at the time and would not have had to have a year of agony and being unable to enjoy sports. Does anyone think that I have a case? This is my ankle at the time I went to hospital I'm not sure the photo has worked, I do not have enough posts to post a link to it either. Hopefully this has attached now Ankle.pdf
  4. What could I do if DL refuse to let me pay them and tell me to deal with ARC? I'm not actually looking to leave the gym if it makes things easier to pay it. I still plan on going if the issue is resolved easily enough, otherwise I'll be leaving. I joined in early 2011 and I currently pay £62 per month
  5. Hi, I received a letter today from ARC Europe stating that I have arreas of £85.50 from David Lloyds (Which I accept) however I have a balance of £332 apparently. I'm assuming this is all made up of some admin fees. Do I need to pay these? The missed monthly payment came from all my direct debits being cancelled and I've been offshore the past month so DL have not been able to contact me as I haven't had a phone signal obviously. What exactly can I do about this? I would like to just pay the £85.50 and move on ideally. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
  • Create New...