Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About tortle

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi bailiff advice sorry if my post is confusing I'm not the best at explaining myself, but also I'm not wrong. A complaint can be taken to the parliamentary ombudsman if the national standards are breached. The standards ,makes the court reponsible for the actions of the ea so a complaint can be taken this way. Hope that clarifies what I was saying.
  2. No i agree, but an ombudsman decisions carries a lot of weight, and they will look at breaches of guidance for example just look at the work of the LGO and council tax cases.
  3. Hi dodgeball i am referring to complaints on breaches of the national standards. The Magistrates Court are responsible for the behaviour of the enforcement agent. So it is more that type of complaint rather than one where you take legal action, i do think it is important that the two are not confused and that even if a complaint cant be made to the magistrates court for legal reason there is always that option. In my opinion this is actually quite a good option because complaining to a trade organization such as CIVEA is usually a waste of time . Thanks
  4. Hi, just to clarify complaints can be made against the magistrates court for breaches of the national standards by there bailiffs cant they. And this wouldn't entail someone having to make a court application. I just wanted to clarify that in case the heading of the thread put of someone taking the complaint direct to the court on there lack of control of the EA. And yes i know they most likely wont look at complaints about charges but where wrong charges arise there is usually something else that the compliant can be based on.
  5. But you could take an official complaint against the court for breach of the guidance couldn't you? They are subject to the NS and it could go to the parliamentary ombudsman if you are not happy with there response,s I think section 4 makes them responsible as a creditor, and section 7 makes it clear they are responsible for the EA actions.
  6. I thought section 52 of the council tax admin and enforcement regs meant they couldn't take any further enforcement action once a warrant was issued.
  7. I thought if you went to prison for c tax then that was the end of the matter and they couldn't chase you for the debt when you were released? I thought once you served a prison term no further action could be taken against any of the people liable for the council tax? Sorry posted that twice not very good at tetchy stuff
  • Create New...