Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About linik

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks, both. I may have confused you with wrong terminology as I am not familiar with it. I want to clarify that I am a private tenant and I am not using any housing or council benefits; I pay my monthly rent entirely by myself. The scheme I was talking about is this - https://www.energbilling.co.uk/Home/FAQ/ I have spoken with the current supplier, a different supplier and my agency already and they all say the same thing - unless the landlord covers the expenses for new boiler/meters/anything else associate with this, there is no way I can switch to a different provider.
  2. Thanks, this makes sense. I have spoken with a couple of neighbours and there is definitely no way I can switch providers unfortunately. Is there anything I can do to get out of my tenancy before December based on the false disclosure in my previous post? Thanks, L
  3. Hi, stu007 - I am not sure about the district heating system, but I think this is the case. There is a small 8L boiler-looking kit and a separate meter installed for the heating/hot water additionally to the one for electricity. I also know the supplier owns the generator/substantion, if this helps. In regards to utility bills, the Tenancy Agreement, it states the following: "The Tenant shall: b) Upon signing this agreement as soon as reasonably practicable place all telephone and utility accounts into the name of the tenant and pay all charges for the use of gas, electri
  4. Hi, Heating is communal, there is no gas supply in the property. The second bill, for January/February, arrived today and here is a rough breakdown: Heating/Hot Water: £35; Electricity: £7; Standing charges (electricity + band 5 apartment): £8 + £23; VAT: £4, coming to a total of £76 for 32 days. This is with heating completely switched off from the main with the exception of around 3-4 days when the engineer and I were fiddling with the meter. Thanks
  5. Hi ericsbrother, Thanks for the advise. The meters are inside the flat so only I have access to them (and as I mentioned, the supplier is getting the readings by automated transmission). I would be a bit wary fiddling with wires myself - as far as I understood what the engineer checked was whether there is anything going through the valve when the heating is switched off, and it was fine. When I spoke with the other supplier about switching to them they said they can't find my postcode in the national database and I did ask my current supplier for MPAN, but they said they don't
  6. I think when they've completed it they've signed a lease with the supplier to put the whole building with them and in return get the standing charge. These are only rumours but from what I've heard, everyone is getting ripped off.
  7. Hi, I moved into a one-bedroom rented flat at the end of December and got my first electricity bill toward the end of January, totaled at approx £180. I knew I had used the heating a bit excessively over the past month as January was cold, however I was still surprised to see that I am charged £140 for heating only (at around 10p per kilowatt). The other thing was that I am charged with two standing charges - 25p/day for electricity and 75p/day for "Band 5", which I found goes to the developer of the building and is based on the size of the property. This means that I have to pay £30 a m
  8. Hi slick, Yes, I am on board with your advise. Thanks, L
  9. Hi Slick, I have received two letters this week while I was away from home - from the Trading Standards and from Regal Credit - please see here. Please advise on the best course of action now. Please also note that I cannot afford any court charges and if it comes to this I will likely have to declare bankruptcy. I might be able to pay the current fee in several instalments, like they have suggested. Thanks, L
  10. Hi Slick, I received a reply from the CMA today - please see a copy here. Kind regards, L
  11. Thank you very much, slick. I will send these tomorrow. Do I need to send a copy of the second letter to the Trading Standards as well? Thanks, L
  12. Hi slick, I have received another letter from the debt collection consultants, please see a copy here. As far as I understand, this case will be transferred to their legal consultants next. Is there any chance it will affect my credit score in a bad way and from your experience, would it be possible to resolve the issue at all without having to pay this amount? Thank you for the help, L
  13. Thanks, Slick. Yes, the letter from post #13 definitely had my correct address. This is reassuring, thank you. Do you think it is worth including these points, the wrong address or that they have spelled my name wrong in the bank details of the original contract (which I just noticed) in my response? Kind regards, L
  14. Hi Slick, I have an email correspondence with a representative of the gym where I send proof of moving house with my new address in January, when I first attempted to cancel my contract due to this change. Other than this, I have not asked them formally and specifically to update my details anywhere. In this latest letter you have proposed, you are saying they have failed to address my concerns, however they have proposed a new 12-month contract on the discounted lower price - could this be considered as a counter argument from their side? Thanks, L
  15. Hi Slick, I have received another letter from Regal Credit consultants, please see it here - photo. It seems like Total Fitness have sent out a new contract to my old address on a discounted (student) rate, extended for a new 12-month period. Would you be able to give any advice on the best thing to do from here? Thanks, L
  • Create New...