Hello, Ive just signed up because I need some advice.
I went to view a car and took it for a test drive, its a 2006 Ford Focus 1.8TDCI with 80k miles on the clock. During the test drive it was fine, so I put a deposit down on my credit card for £250 and me and the dealer agreed a trade in price for my current car. I went away to sort insurance out on the car etc and to get all the required documents to part exchange my car. On Monday 10th, I took my car down and paid the remaining balance on my credit card, the cars total price was £2,675 after the part exchange.
I started to drive it home and saw that the engine warning light had come on, pulled over and restarted the car and it went away but everytime I would change into 3rd it would come on. Then things got worse, it wouldnt go above 50mph and definately has some fuelling problems. I have taken it back to the dealer and they are working on it right now, but I am now without a car and thinking of asking for a full refund.
What are my rights in this situation? Im currently out of pocket with:-
1. A 3% fee charged on the balance of the car on my credit card which is about £75
2. A return train ticket to and from the car dealer so I can go back down and see the car when its fixed.
3. Admin fees from changing my car insurance policy
4. Public transport costs getting to and from work while I am without a car
5. A "non refundable deposit" which surely I can get back because the car is not fit for purpose
6. £15 of fuel it drank when driving for 30 minutes
7. Can I get my old car back?