Jump to content

BlindVision

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    38
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About BlindVision

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. That's correct, the issues were already raised with them. I know a court can order disclosure, and I would disclose, subject to advice, should the hearing go ahead, especially as it strengthens my case. I am still unsure whether to disclose the documents at this stage. I can see the r's going into orbit and seeking retribution, as that is their MO. Thanks, steampowered. However, still scratching my head. Will suggest the confidentiality clause. Seeing the lawyer tomorrow with a view to finalising. Thanks, all!
  2. I received the bundle pronto after the tribunal order. This whole thing has left me exhausted. I am hardly able to move. Yes, the issues are the same as in the claim. If the cot3 is botched, then my et1 schedule of loss is far higher (the reality) than what - I thought, kindly - I agreed to settle for, subject to agreement of contract. They are panicking like mad as they see the tribunal as "soft law" which they can blag their way through. With the regulators they are dealing with people who understand thoroughly the technical and ethical issues; they won't be able to p
  3. steampower, what exactly is a confidentiality clause? What would it say? Mariefab, yes, the issues are the same as in my et1 claims. In line with resolving an ethical dilemma I am escalating the issues to the next level, given the r's refusal to let me raise them - at every level - even to the extent of conspiring together to produce sworn witness statements backing each other up that legislation allows them their conduct, to mislead the tribunal. The problem with the cot3 agreement is not so much my civil right to raise the statutory complaints, it's more to do with the nature o
  4. The lawyer is actually very sharp. Her reasoning is that as the clause refers to any current complaints, so was concerned that when/if the r's found out, they would immediately cry, breach and demand the settlement money back. She got the reference sorted to my liking and inserted things left out, such as future personal injury and accrued pensions. The word back is the r's still want to settle, with a clause inserted I disclose all my complaints. I have reservations in disclosing this whilst a sensitive investigation is taking place. Plus of course with HMRC there are tip off cau
  5. I should add, the r's have agreed to pay the lawyer's £500 fee to look at the agreement for me. The lawyer is now upset as she says it is going beyond her remit (and of course, they will refuse to pay any more).
  6. I rang ICAEW up, but the chap is away until Monday. I have asked the lawyer to hold disclosure until I have checked with them. The lawyer says disclosure of the complaint now means they can't claim a breach and refund of the money when or if they find out later, as it says there aren't any other complaints besides [the ones they already know about]. HMRC say on their website you should not tip off someone you are complaining about. However, apparently the ICAEW one relates to issues arising from my employment.
  7. Update: was due to sign settlement agreement (which included repayment of the money I contributed for the bundle) and the agreed reference was perfect. However, it appears the r's had no idea I had complained to the regulators, which might have voided one of the clauses, rendering the agreement breached, once they did find out. My lawyer mentioned this to them. They have gone ballistic, demanding I disclose my complaints to HMRC and ICAEW together with all the supporting evidence I supplied, on request from ICAEW. I was about to prepare a photocopy of the complaints, when it struc
  8. emmzzi, you might be interested to know I had a letter from the regulators today saying my complaint has been assessed and is now being forwarded for investigation. According to their website, only 30% of complaints reach this stage. I am hopeful that I will be 100% vindicated.
  9. Update: Just had an email letter from the e.t. ordering the r's to release the bundle to me without further delay. The problem with the reference was they wanted to include a heavy disclaimer hinting "avoid this person". I might just as well have a hearing, as planned.
  10. PS. I was supposed to have received it by early August, nearly four weeks ago.
  11. steampower, I have to report you were right! I had yet another letter from the r's demanding *more* money before they will release my copy of the bundle. I have taken your advice and sent an application to the tribunal asking them for an order to the r's to release it within two days or face strike out. I mentioned I had sent two lots of money to them already and that the judge has already directed they supply the bundle by such and such a date on three different occasions now. Re the settlement negotiation, they have not confirmed they will include my agreed reference, so I am
  12. sp, thanks. What do you mean about final offers are almost never final? I have more horrors awaiting me?
  13. Looks like everybody's out of town for the next week or so. Guess I can crack on with the witness statement.
  14. It appears they are keen to finalise a settlement with me today. If I go quiet, then you'll know why. Thanks for all your assistance in this matter; very much appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...