Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About Solution-seeking

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Got , i will do the research about the ways to offer and CCA and weigh up which is the better way. The way I am thinking of it is that if we do go for CCA and there are charges taken off which I am sure they will be then I have less chance of acceptance of a lower amount. because if they reject , at that stage they would have an admittance of the debt from me also in recent date in form of an f&f offer and contact from me too. The Loan - is there any point to CCA them ? they are my bank also , I hold a current account with them. Do I need to tread more carefully with them , or I have some sort of advantage that I have an account with them.
  2. will be doing alot of reading over the weekend. looks like its going to start with a letter to creditors asking for f&f settlement provided they agree to remove all data from the file. sorry to keep coming up with most probably common questions, Barclaycard , have listed this as satisfied -because they got paid my Marlin. shouldnt they be in a position to remove the neg data from file now ?
  3. Well , what I want to achieve is both if possible ? Credit file clean and debt is not owed at the same time . I am not going to try and wiggle my way out of debts. I want them gone for good and will pay for them to be gone. So if the default is there , its there for 6 years no matter if the debt is paid off or not ? Regards,
  4. Yes I was doing that , so if they have CCA - and they have contact from me doesnt it put me in a very vulnerable situation ? and if there is no CCA does it force them to take it off my credit file too ? My hesitation was , like I mention in my first post is that these guys havent heard from me in years, well no communication whatsoever. So once I get in touch I dont want them to be coming after me with all guns blazing not giving me space to resolve this properly.
  5. I ask this because of the sales background I have, I was thinking of picking the phone up and negotiating the hell out
  6. Thank You Dx , will start new threads. Please Excuse my ignorance in all these matters. SAR (Subject Access Request) what does this actually achieve ? and also the Credit agreement request ? what are we looking at in terms of possibilities ? Regards, Thanks and Regards,
  7. Looks like I will need to sort Marlin / Mortimer out sooner rather than later . What is the best way to go about the F&F settlement ? Can we ask them to agree to correct the credit file also ? Regards,
  8. If I did Dsar and CCA and we do find a conflict and omproper documentation ? What can that achieve ? The wipeout of the amount and restoring the credit file ? Getting my credit file back on track is my main aim , an investment fro my future so to speak. when you say defaults must be accurate , what does that mean ? Is there a way we can agree with lenders to restore the credit file records if they are to take the lump sump ? Okay I have checked my report today for more factual information rather than me guessing. The loan is still with Barclays - as they are registering default on the report. Default Balance is showing £21192 and current balance is showing £22346 . Default date March 2010 The Egg card that was taken over by Barclaycard - shows default - but status shows "Satisfied" as the debt was sold to Marlin Capital in Feb 2013. These are the ones who are chasing occasionally via Mortimer Lake Solicitors. So marlin is registering defaults for the amount of £3630 . I am certain this amount includes some fee/penalty as this wasnt the amount owed I am sure. These are the default dates shown on the credit file. I am not 100% sure when the last payment was on these . Thanks alot for your help so far. Regards, SS
  9. Thank you for swift reply. Without checking in detail I would say last payments were made in 2009 , on the loan the payments were around 550 per month and for it to come down to 22000+ from 25k about 6 payments were made. Last payment on card would be 2010 a strong guess. Re loan , regular letters were being sent upto 2010 and then occasional from there on. Last demand from Mortimer was late part of last year which I saw. Payments have not been made since 2009 as mentioned above. Re the card increase, I did speak to them initially about the increase and they said they will do it when they see it suitable. Seeing the increase I thougt I was going in the right direction ? My circumstances have well improved in last 2 years, if they looked at my circs and not my credit file then they should be lending me more. The increase would be nice to have but I am in full control of my current finances so the any bill on that is being or will be paid in full each month. re the PPI. I have had a few calls from these claim companies, but never looked into, I remember well I think opted out of it on the loan. Regards Ss
  10. Hello Everyone. So Here I am ... time to face and deal. I was well man on career ladder working my way up when in 2008 I decided with my business partner to invest in a retail business, this was just before the recession hit. I left my job and got on with the business that started in late 2008. did well to start with but before I really noticed , I was sinking. I took out a 25k loan from Barclays in July 2008 was making payments , but when I hit a birckwall in my business I got really stuck. The busines ran for three years, and in the busy ness of it , toiling day and night , I just completely ignored any reminders or calls from the bank etc ... Anyway , I now have the following Barclays Personal Loan - I believe it is with Mortimer Lake Sols - £22000 Egg credit card - which i believe was taken over by barlcays , not sure who it is with now - circa £2500 Vodafone - £300 apprx contract bill which i didnt even know about untill recently !! (Mobile Contract cash voucher [problem]) I sold my business in 2011 and have been working endlessly since with all this on my mind and with a plan to one day get rid off. I have NOT made any payments to these for years, and luckily they have not bothered or come after me that much either. a letter now and then. Mortimer have started to call recently again which i have not answered. There are no CCJs on file just default/delinquent. It is probably due to the age of debts that I was accepted for entry level capital one card with £500 limit about a year or so ago, which I have been using regularly and paying off , the limit then increased to £700 (current) and I have heard from them again telling me that they are increasing to £1700 from next month. I have no idea how to start on this , the main reason I have had "my head burried" so to speak is that if i contact them they will come after me like wolves asking for to pay amounts I cannot afford. Well now I am in a position to clear these off via full and final settlements. Vodafone I will take care of shortly anyway. Help is needed on how do I make contact and start negotiating full and final settlements with other two and what should I be aiming for. Your help will be highly appreciated. and I kid you not should this forum make me succeed in my goal. I will be making sure to offer financial support in my powers to help the site. Target : Debts cleared via full and final settlement also a clean credit file. Kind Regards, SS
  • Create New...