Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by rory32

  1. It's always a good idea to inform them that you HAVE made a complaint to the OFT rather than you are going to. It tends to grab their attention a little more and suddenly they generally don't want to deal with you.
  2. As gizmo states, you need write on them NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS and pop them back in the post unopened. It's actually an offence to open someone elses mail. You have no responsibility for his debts, nor do you have any legal liability. This will be rather difficult as under the Data Protection Act this is his personal data. All you can really do is return any mail you receive. As previously stated you have no legal liability for his debts and none of your possessions are at risk. What you can do is make sure that you are financially dissassociated from him on your credit r
  3. I thought it would have been over the phone as they will tell you any old guff that they wouldn't dare put in writing. From now on you must insist that all communication is in writing only. It is your legal right to do so. These people have no legal powers at all so don't be scared of them. If they were to take you to court (this is unlikely) and get judgement against you then you could apply for a time order based on your ability to pay. The court would look at your income and expenditure and make installments based on your ability to pay. The amount of these installments would be set so
  4. You may wish to report their letter to the OFT, making a complaint under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.
  5. You should report this to the OFT as they consider %age transaction charges on credit and debit cards as unfair.
  6. Obviously the facts are getting in the way of your opinion. Once again there is no wasted costs order in Scotland, this is why in a report on judicial review 11 June 2008 by the UK Border Agency to the Scottish Executive they stated that in Scotland "we would support the introduction of something similar to a Wasted Costs Order allowed for by s51(6) of the Supreme Court Act 1981 and Rule 48.7 of the CPR." No nasty temper or bad manners, just an opinion based on the facts of Scottish Civil Procedure. Try reading it some time. Don't you read the thread? http://www.consumeractiongro
  7. Just to clarify, did you engage them in this work as a private individual e.g. a consumer or was it engaged as a business transaction between your company and theirs?
  8. No. I would however send them an official complaint and report the matter to Trading Standards and the OFT.
  9. Umm don't you know what wasted costs means????? Don't you know that this has no relavence in this case? Or have you simply ignored the case law rules that were posted earlier? T D'oh. Let's apply English law to Scotland - that'll work See previous posts. If that means being ignorant of judical procedure and endangering the OP's case then well done indeed. Keep up the good work caro and I hope you are willing to reimburse all those Scottish caggers who approach a court for a wasted court order. Good luck with your ignorance of Scots law.
  10. Yes it is different because as a sitting tenant the case would have to be heard under the summary cause rules (no matter the amount of arrears involved) where the expenses awarded would be a wee bit higher, so £250 would be about right for a sitting tenant.
  11. Claims between £200 and £1500 are normally limited to a maximum of £150 as court expenses. For claims between £1500 and £3000 the amount of expenses would normally be limited to a maximum of 10%.
  12. If that's the case then I would give Trading Standards a phone and they should contact the DCA on your behalf telling them to not send you any further letters. Do make that complaint to the OFT as well though.
  13. Even though he put it in a trust deed there is still joint and several liability on the overdraft if you took it out together. What this means is that they can pursue both of you or just one of you for the overdraft. The fact that he has put it in his trust deed just means that they can't take any court action against him.
  14. It may, even at this late stage, be worthwhile contacting the council and see if you can negotiate with them. The problem is that under a Scottish secure tenancy agreement (which is the type of tenancy you entered into) you must give 4 weeks notice in writing under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001. A Scottish secure tenancy can only be ended in any one of the following ways: 1. By Notice You give at least twenty-eight days notice. You must inform them at the same time if you are married or if you live in the house with another person as husband and wife. If you do, their agreement may
  15. I think a phone call to Trading Standards would be in order. TS can get directly involved in such matters and speak on their behalf with Muck Hall.
  16. The quick answer is yes. Callcredit is actually the least used with Equifax and Experian being the big two. Have a read here Credit Reference Agencies - Who uses who?...
  17. Nope. Simply costs in line with a small claim in Scotland.
  18. We seem to be going round in circles here Once again for the hard of hearing... It was never stated that the OFT have found the charges unlawful. Hear, hear Such an act unfortunately would seem to be beyond some.
  19. Yeah they are. If you can get call barring on your mobile that would probably be a good idea unless you're willing to keep a record of their phone calls and then report them to Trading Standards and the OFT.
  20. Lots of people have had dealings with Link on CAG. Just do an advanced search in the Debt Collection Forum. Yep, that sounds like Link.
  21. You'll get there eventually with a bit of help
  22. You can just adapt the bank charges one here http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-.html
  • Create New...