Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower

About ricoeliso

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. The saga continues.... So sent them a letter on 21st May, which stated as follows: "Dear CCS Collect I refer to your letter dated 15th May 2014 and attached hereon. I note your suggestion that the request for payment is in relation to an overpayment of Income Based Job Seekers Allowance on 31/07/2006. I would like to refer to the Liability for Debts and the Limitation Act (England/Wales), which notes the following: Benefit Overpayments & Social Fund Loans The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has six years to take action through the courts to recover bene
  2. I've actually looked into it and established that one thing they can't do is increase the debt. relief!
  3. Yes i had been advised this previously, however i have also discovered that DWP will recover from any future benefits claimed. They will not 'demand' that i settle it. As i advise in my original post, this is what i was even told when i first contacted them about the overpayment. It's more a case that i just want to know what i can do to get CCSCollect to go away.
  4. So i received a response today from CCSCollect following my 'prove it' letter which states the following: "this is in relation to the overpayment of Income Based Job Seekers Allowance on 31/07/06. If you require evidence that this is owed, please refer to your local benefit office or the DWP Debt Management Centre, as this is not held by CCS Collect" they then go on to demand that i should make payment to CCS Collect or call them to discuss repayment options. Per the above, i know that the debt is statute barred and that the DWP can recover from any future benefits claimed. So i
  5. Hi all, i have recently started receiving letters through the post from a company called CCS Collect claiming that I owe money to them on behalf of The Department of Work and Pension for £97.50. Thing is, I have no idea what this is for. The letters gives no explanation, they only abruptly demand that i pay it or face legal action. Quick search shows that the department of Work and Pension is government related. I pay all my taxes, National Insurance etc through PAYE and have no other dealings with the HMRC. The only thing i can think of is that i was on J
  • Create New...