Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral
  1. Hello everyone, My father is paying a very large amount of CSA debt, payments which cover my brother and I up until the age of 18. However, I know that for me - this is incorrect. My mother was neglectful/ treated me very badly in my childhood, which resulted in me leaving home to live in a hostel before my 17th birthday. After I left home, she refused to declare details of her income so that I could claim EMA (education maintenance allowance) whilst I was at college- whilst continuing to claim family allowance for me as if I was still at home, resulting in me having no income whatsoever. Then when I started university, she refused to get involved with any of the forms I needed to complete. In both situations, it had to be noted that I was estranged from my mother and father in order to be eligible for support and move forward. I understand that these payments are forwarded from CSA to my mother, but of course I dont agree she should get payment for me from when I was 16 to 18. I am not raising this issue to defend my father, as bottom line is that he did not maintain us. But does anyone have any idea how CSA might deal with the matter regarding myself if I were to inform them? Thank you all, Jo.
  2. Hi there, If anyone can tell me the answer to this i'd be most grateful. As a buyer of a share are you permitted to offer less than the price that is advertised? Thanks, jovanna .
  3. Ok, so you don't think a solicitor can do much about it and you can't tell me because you're not sure and have never been in my position, but I shouldn't get my hopes up...not being rude but I'm struggling to understand why you've even responded when you don't know the real answer. Nevermind.
  4. Maybe I could get a consultation and represent myself, as I am confident in court. It's just that I would be unsure as to what I'd be asking for, I'm not sure if a court order can be granted for child support arrears. . Would you happen to know? thanks anyway Ros1609. x
  5. Hi all, I hope you can assist or provide some advice in this matter because I am feeling quite deflated right now. Over a year ago now, I arranged for CSA to take deductions from my ex partners benefit because he kept failing to pay child maintenance for my son. They said that he would only pay £5.00 per week because he's on benefit. Since I've opened the case I've barely received any child maintenance. I did believe that this was down to a loophole that my ex partner was taking advantage of, by not signing on and then signing on before CSA had chance to take any money. Before we separated, he inherited a lot of money, and brought a high performing car. The benefit department know about this and seem to have done nothing. I know today that he is still running this car. I'm beginning to believe that he is not signing on and living off money that he has and/or an illegal income. Plus claimants of benefits are becoming more aware that they can claim housing benefit by just proving nil income, so without the need to claim JSA. I really do not know what to do anymore, it's so unfair that he should get away with impoverishing his son like this. Would it be worth seeing a solicitor in this matter or would it be futile. Please advise on all matters. Thank you. x
  6. Sorry just to add to my last post, I asked them whether it would be worth me contacting them as soon as payment is missed to prompt them into making a new application for deduction...As I know in my line of work, if the person has their JSA stopped, arrears direct stops too and we have to make a new application each time. Thanks.
  7. @reallymadwoman, I've told them about his inheritance, CSA wouldn't even look into it because it was not £60,000 (£50,000 though) I emailed CSA today because I called them this morning about an automatic letter I received saying that I will receive payment by such and a such date, and I didn't receive anything. My phone call to them seemed to prompt them into making another application to have the money deducted from their benefit (as the woman confirmed that she had spoken to their benefits section and they told her that they had just made an application) plus, in the past, I've noticed when I call them, they'll put me on hold (like today) and come back and say, we've just made an application to deduct, and then within a week or so, I'll receive payment. It just lead me to believe that because they're not able to apply quickly enough, (and maybe it's also down to the fact that they're quite lax) he's getting full benefit payments. Thanks
  8. I did think it could cost me, but I also thought it would be as simple as getting a court order for the arrears he owes, because CSA says he does owe it- regardless of whether he's been sanctioned or deliberately missed signing on or not. I've decided that I am just going to keep in touch with CSA - as soon as a future payment is missed I'll ask them to reapply for direct deduction againpromptly so he doesn't get the opportunity to receive a full JSA payment- I do believe this is a loophole though, just wanted to see if anyone else knew about it. Thanks all the same Ros1609.
  9. [email protected] Really mad woman, yes, your average person who has JSA as their only means of income would ensure that signed on every time. My ex partner has previously lied about ailments to get a sick note from the doctor which would excuse him from having to attend JSA appointments. Aside from this, my ex partner has inheritance money which he can use when he is not getting JSA, and he also occasionally gets cash in hand work. And yes, he has previously not complied with his jobseekers agreement. Yes the deductions are £5.00 per week (£10.00 per fortnight). I didn't consider it relevant to my question to mention that my ex partner receives cash by other means. My ex partner is unfortunately very determined to ensure that I don't receive payments for my son, even for a very small amount. To him it's a game - if I receive maintenance, I'm winning, rather than, seeing it as our son is going to benefit. I do know that if it wasn't for the fact that he believes that he cannot get his housing benefit paid without signing on, he'd stop signing on completely, so I'd receive nothing. Do you know the answer to my question or? thanks
  10. @ ros1609, I'm not interested in proving that he has been sanctioned, I'd just like to know whether there is a loophole where when a person does eventually sign back on, a deduction isn't made immediately by CSA, which a claimant would get to learn about, and therefore take advantage. I'd also like to know whether I can take legal action myself for the arrears that have accrued..
  11. @ Really mad woman, I am already aware of that, but thanks anyway.
  12. Hello there, I am having deductions made for child support from my ex partners JSA. However I believe that he is purposefully not signing on (i.e, missing appointments) or getting himself sanctioned so that payments cannot be made to me. I also believe that when his benefit is reinstated, the deductions are not made automatically by CSA, so my ex partner is paid more JSA than what he usually would be..Hence he's discovered a loophole in the system that he can continue to abuse. Can anyone shed light as to whether or not I'm correct? Also, if this is a loophole that he is abusing, can I sue him myself for the arrears that he currently has with CSA? Thanks.
  13. I am not sure what you mean @ Emmzzi. This is what their solicitor has told my solicitor.
  14. The witnessess are the other side. After I provided my evidence, they went off sick. The case was originally listed for a week in April, and the tribunal cancelled this to be listed for another date, following evidence they provided of illness. They're currently waiting for medical information which would indicate when one of the witnesses would be fit enough to attend the hearing, but to date this hasn't been received. I am told that the tribunal could decide to list the case without it- or indeed decide not to.
  15. Hi There, I'm hoping someone with experience of how the tribunal work can advise me on this. If a key witness is unable to attend due to sickness, and doesn't provide any sick notes or letters from their doctor (after the case was listed and cancelled due to this) can the tribunal decide not to re list the case? Can the tribunal consider the case in their absence and what factors are taken into account? Thanks Jovanna x
  • Create New...